Weird System Account found?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Weird System Account found?

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Thu May 25, 2023 7:38 am

I was playing around on CS, punching in random pet ids to find old, cool pets, and found this account: Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=226983

It says "system accounts" but I couldnt find anything on it, it also says "newly registered users" when it was made in 2011?
Maybe its a special undercover CS account and I blew it, but its just weird...
(i will be posting this in cs discussion aswell.)
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Weird System Account found?

Postby Lennie » Thu May 25, 2023 7:49 am

Hiya! This account ("The Cat Queen") was an NPC account that was made for the Medieval Faire Summer Event back in 2011. ^^ When you completed the trade-in quest for her, as mapped below...
    You would receive the royal cat family in return. I have a successful trade with this account from back in 2011, trading in the Floor Rug for the cat family here! I will go ahead and share a screenshot of the trade as well, since you will be unable to see the usernames associated using the link above:

As for the "Newly Registered User" categorization, that is because no post was ever made on the account. Regardless of how old an account is, an account is only a "Registered User" account once it has made a (moderator approved) post.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Thu May 25, 2023 7:54 am

ohhh that makes sense!! are there more for the other events or no?
ImageImageImage
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Thu May 25, 2023 8:20 am

There are a couple other examples, some being exactly the same in mechanic and account setup and others being slightly different in how the account history has been archived on the site. ^^
    As a disclaimer, this is by no means an exhaustive list, this is just to highlight some examples!

From the 2011 Medieval Faire Event, there was also the account "The Dog Queen", as shown in the second trade path in the image linked above. Trading her Nails, Shampoo, and two pieces of Wood would get you the royal dog family. A successful trade for that group can be seen here. A screenshot has been attached below for more trade specific information:

Summer Events are generally the only events to introduce new NPC accounts to the site, as we are introduced to new characters from different worlds as a part of the event. In recent years, most of these NPCs have been temporary, with their profiles not existing following the event. The following screenshot is a trade history from the Summer 2022 event - attempting to find user profiles for most of these NPCs results in a "user does not exist" error.
    That being said, NPC accounts have occasionally posted in event discussion threads as an interactive element - examples here (Alphabet NPC) and here (Plato NPC) from the Internet Event in 2022. These types of comments generally do not disappear even if the user account no longer exists. There are certainly other examples from past years, but these are the most recent ones that come to mind.

Another example of an account that is similar to a "system account/NPC" that is technically unique is the Totoro account. This account has interacted on relevant threads a number of times over the years, and is the active account that users will swap tokens with during both the Easter and Halloween events!
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 am

i found one named "CYLL NPC" in all caps but the account was deleted, probs bc something was wrong the mechanic or after the event they deactivated it for some reason, it was for the 2021 cave event it seems
ImageImageImage
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Thu May 25, 2023 8:41 am

CYLL was originally from the 2022 Internet Event, their NPC design was as follows ^^

If you have an interest in looking more into the different NPCs from past Summer events, I highly recommend taking a look at the Summer Events Archive - as a heads up, this is a very image heavy thread!
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist