Oekaki Cursor Disappearing

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Oekaki Cursor Disappearing

Postby Viiperfang » Mon May 22, 2023 3:30 am

so i had asked this question back in 2019 in the oekaki problems & solutions thread and never got an answer for it so i feel that now, almost 4 years later, is the time to ask again because it really does make drawing impossible, and hopefully it'll help those who need the answer in the future.

current issue:
- drawing on chicken paint causes my cursor (the circle that shows where i'm drawing) to completely disappear, making me draw completely blind.
- original message
Viiperfang wrote:[ What i'm using ]
Intuos Pen and Touch Medium
—6.3.37-2

Google Chrome

Windows 8

[ Problems ]
Whenever I draw I cannot see my cursor. It just disappears, making it hard for me to find out where and what I am drawing. This does not happen with a mouse.

I cannot scroll using the sidebars, it just drags the entire screen up and down, not just the canvas.

current hardware:
- wacom intuos pen + touch, 6.3.37-2
- hp pavilion running windows 8.1
- chrome 109.0.5414.141

found solution(s):
- turning off windows ink causes the cursor to reappear, however it completely disables all scrolling using the tablet as well as any pen pressure within chicken paint.
i'm gone.
Viiperfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki Cursor Disappearing

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue May 23, 2023 4:32 am

I have not had my cursor vanish but I do use the wacom intuos. I have only. only. gotten every feature of my tablet to work with Microsoft Edge browser. I only use Edge to draw in the oekaki.

That said, have you tried other browsers?
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viiperfang » Tue May 23, 2023 8:16 am

if i were going to change browsers it'd be to firefox, which apparently and almost infamously doesn't really work too well with chicken paint. i'm not interested in using internet explorer or edge or whatever it's called now, honestly. [s]also i dont remember any of my passwords, thanks memory issues, and writing it down doesnt work bc i end up losing it anyway >3>; so that's another reason that im not switching browsers as of right now[/s].

i do vaguely remember back when i first brought it up in 2019 trying both firefox and internet explorer/microsoft edge and neither worked either, tho firefox was broken in a different way that i dont actually remember

thank you for the suggestion though!
i'm gone.
Viiperfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue May 23, 2023 8:51 am

Hahaha I hear you. When I took an art hiatus I came back to find my tablet didn't work with Chrome. Went down the list of browsers and Edge was my dead last choice. It's kind of the worst.

I am planning to jump ship to another tablet for my birthday in July. I am hoping that tablet somehow works flawlessly in Chrome xD

I hope someone else comes along and solves your issue though, surely!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me