Literal Chicken Question

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Literal Chicken Question

Postby fluffystar » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi! I'm collecting all of the pets on CS that represent actual bird species (or breeds). I found some pets that look like they resemble true chicken breeds, but I cannot pinpoint what they are. Can anybody help? I would ask the artist, Berkshire, but appears they have not been online for some time.

Here are the pets:
ImageImageImageImage
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Literal Chicken Question

Postby Oragami_Cyclone » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:12 pm

It took me forever to find this topic again once I clicked off on accident!
Anyways! I'm pretty sure the all black one represents the Ayam Cemani (also called the goth chicken)! It is a rare breed native to Indonesia and it's entire body is black! Like everything! Their eyes, feathers, beaks, talons, internal organs, and I would guess their eggs too! They are very cool from what I remember!

Edit: I looked up the color of their eggs and it is not black :(
They are mostly cream and light blue <3
Oragami_Cyclone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffystar » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:15 pm

Oragami_Cyclone wrote:It took me forever to find this topic again once I clicked off on accident!
Anyways! I'm pretty sure the all black one represents the Ayam Cemani (also called the goth chicken)! It is a rare breed native to Indonesia and it's entire body is black! Like everything! Their eyes, feathers, beaks, talons, internal organs, and I would guess their eggs too! They are very cool from what I remember!

Edit: I looked up the color of their eggs and it is not black :(
They are mostly cream and light blue <3

Thank you! I hope some other educated people can help me figure out what the others are :)
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oragami_Cyclone » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:26 pm

I was also just able to remember the other one I was thinking of! The black one with white speckles reminds me of a Moltted Java Rooster! It doesn't fully remind me of it but that might be a start!

Also the orange one with green feathers could be a few. It could be that those colors are often how people are initially thought that roosters look and that it wasn't on a specific breed. But it also could be a Rhode Island Red or a Welsummer! There's many different options!
Oragami_Cyclone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffystar » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:29 pm

Oragami_Cyclone wrote:I was also just able to remember the other one I was thinking of! The black one with white speckles reminds me of a Moltted Java Rooster! It doesn't fully remind me of it but that might be a start!

Also the orange one with green feathers could be a few. It could be that those colors are often how people are initially thought that roosters look and that it wasn't on a specific breed. But it also could be a Rhode Island Red or a Welsummer! There's many different options!

After doing a little bit if research, I believe all of the breeds are of Asian origin (due to the fact that they are Lunar New Year pets). I think the grey and black one is a Croad Langshan and I think the red and green one is an Asil. The one with the long tail feathers is probably an Onagadori. Speculating on breeds is so hard, though! There is a lot of overlap.
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oragami_Cyclone » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:31 pm

My only guess on the long-tailed one is a Phoenix chicken which would work with your thought of them being of Asian origin since Phoenix chickens were developed by breeding German chickens and Japanese long tailed birds.

I just looked up an onagadori because I had not heard of it and I'm pretty sure that that is the correct chicken for the long tailed guy!
Oragami_Cyclone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffystar » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:35 pm

Oragami_Cyclone wrote:My only guess on the long-tailed one is a Phoenix chicken which would work with your thought of them being of Asian origin since Phoenix chickens were developed by breeding German chickens and Japanese long tailed birds.

I just looked up an onagadori because I had not heard of it and I'm pretty sure that that is the correct chicken for the long tailed guy!

Thank you for your help!
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:37 pm

Taking a look through the discussion thread for that time, it doesn't look like it was ever confirmed by the artist (some artists will confirm on discussion threads so thats always the first place I look). I saw one guess on the long-tailed one being an Onagadori and some on the black one being Ayam Cemani, but no other discussion on it that I could find unfortunately. Its also possible that the pets are more inspired by than directly based on specific breeds. I don't know enough about these myself to make any guesses, but I just wanted to drop in and let you know that.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me