mobile keeps logging out

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

mobile keeps logging out

Postby avaloafe » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:12 am

so i’ve had this problem for a few months now and it’s SUPER irritating and annoying. whenever i’m on CS on my phone, it keeps logging me out. every single time. even when i check the box “log me in each visit” it STILL logs me out after a few minutes. this has never happened before in my 10 years on this site. i can’t even do the pound openings on my phone because when i refresh it’ll log me out.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: mobile keeps logging out

Postby Kitty&Cats » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:15 am

Not sure if this is the problem, but have you made any changes to your browser's cookie settings?
💕
💕

Join Dappervolk!

Roger the cat

Credit to Fishyviolet for my amazing profile picture! They're an amazing friend!

Currently on a semi-break from CS

💕If you're reading this, hello! (PM me the code, "Dragonfly" a few free pets !)
💕
Kitty&Cats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:16 am

Kitty&Cats wrote:Not sure if this is the problem, but have you made any changes to your browser's cookie settings?

i haven’t changed any of my settings in years. cookies are always enabled, i’ve cleared cashe and cookies before and it’s not a problem. i don’t have this issue on my desktop at all. only on my phone.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:28 am

if you're logging in on multiple devices, that can cause one of them to log out. so if you were logged in on your phone, but then also logged in on desktop, that can sometimes force your phone to log out

changing internet connections can also cause it, so if you switch between using wifi and data, or connect to different wifi networks, ex. switching between your home wifi and a public one at a store or cafe or something, that can also cause you to get logged out. most people aren't switching networks often on desktop, but it's pretty common and often even happens automatically on your phone, so that might explain why you don't have the same issue on desktop
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby avaloafe » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:03 am

Keir; wrote:
    if you're logging in on multiple devices, that can cause one of them to log out. so if you were logged in on your phone, but then also logged in on desktop, that can sometimes force your phone to log out

changing internet connections can also cause it, so if you switch between using wifi and data, or connect to different wifi networks, ex. switching between your home wifi and a public one at a store or cafe or something, that can also cause you to get logged out. most people aren't switching networks often on desktop, but it's pretty common and often even happens automatically on your phone, so that might explain why you don't have the same issue on desktop

i get that, but again, i haven’t changed anything in yearsssss. only recently this started happening. i’m only on desktop and mobile and have been like that for years. nothing has changed. i don’t use wi-fi on my phone except at home, and it’s the same wi-fi my computer is on.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:43 pm

Having this issue too on my phone. Using Firefox on iOS.

Something strange I noticed is that on the page that tells me I’ve successfully logged in, the connection is not secure. Which is strange because it’s still https (assuming I was fast enough in tapping the URL bar before getting redirected) and there shouldn’t be any images from external sites on that page…

I haven’t logged in to CS on my phone in months but I didn’t have this issue in the past however many years I’ve used Firefox on iOS.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:57 am

this issue is STILL happening. is it because i use firefox? i never have this problem on my computer.. it gets annoying to log in, leave for a few minutes, and then come back to get a banner and have to log in again. also happens right when the pound opens. i refresh and i’m logged in, refresh again and i’m out…

Last bumped by avaloafe on Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:57 am.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me