is pet-sort scripting allowed?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

is pet-sort scripting allowed?

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:54 am

hello! i've loved cs for years, but as a soon-to-be college student with 2 jobs, i don't have the same time i used to have for sorting pets.

like many others, i've recently become interested in the challenge of collecting every pet up to the uncommon rarity, which is going to take 10000 years by hand but might be a lot more feasible using some sort of script that could:

1) identify the date/litter of each pet and move the pet to the appropriate group
      2) periodically update my wishlist to remove pets i already owned (excluding ongoing hoards)

3) maybe? create groups for each month

4) mass pet renaming

essentially, i want it to sort my pets automatically, and i'd be sure to never bot pet adoption as that would most definitely be breaking some rule (?right?). this would be * such * a fun coding project (i'd probably stick to python / selenium) , so i just wanted to ask:

1) does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?
      > to answer my own question, i've being doing a search and have found mostly no, but this kind of thing has been asked for many times. but to expand on this...

why hasn't this feature been added? is it more of a technical thing, or is there some reason why cs pets should be sorted by hand?
    2) would this be breaking any rules?
      > i know this isn't allowed for events, but like i said, this wouldn't touch event banners or any pet adopts.
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: is pet-sort scripting allowed?

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:20 pm

That will be okay, try to rate-limit your requests though to avoid hammering the server
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: is pet-sort scripting allowed?

Postby pigeon.enthusiast » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Nick wrote:That will be okay, try to rate-limit your requests though to avoid hammering the server

got it, thank you nick!!
pardon me i'm a little horse

carrddappervolkflight risingcompleted hoards
pigeon.enthusiast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me