I’m new / need help

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

I’m new / need help

Postby Sealpuppy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:36 am

Hello ! :D
I am new to this site. I found it while looking for a F2U base to color and stumbled across this a few minutes ago. I really like the concept and I have a few questions about this.

1) Adopting; Once you adopt a character, do you own them? An example of what I mean would be like drawing them, making them one of your sonas, or even doing animations of them. Or can other people even own the same one as you?

2) Downloading F2U base; I found this https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4453066 really cute base but I am unsure how to download it. How do I do that?

3) Mark; I have seen people commenting mark on some people’s post. What does it mean?

I think that is all the questions I have at the moment!
Sealpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I’m new / need help

Postby Celozon » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:16 pm

Apologies ahead of time for the very long response, I try to be thorough ^^'

When you talk about adopting character, I just want to clarify if you are talking about buying or getting free characters from other users on the forum or oekaki, or if you are talking about adopting pets on the site (like from this page).
  • If you are referring to getting characters from other people on the site, it should work essentially the same as getting them on any other site, the character belongs to you (provided you follow all of the artist's TOS) and there should only be one of it, the seller shouldn't be selling or giving away the same character to multiple people.
  • If you mean adopting pets through our site, the pets are not really considered 'characters' in that sense. There are a number of linearts the site artists use to create a variety of designs and they can look very much like a design someone would create for a character/OC, but everyone can adopt them so they do not 'belong' to anyone as a character (the design belongs to the site). We do allow our users to use their pets as characters and fursonas if they want, and create art of them, stories, animations, etc, and treat them as characters. You can find this in our site rules here: "It is fine to use our pet images for personal characters or fursonas as long as you acknowledge and display credit to https://www.chickensmoothie.com for the design or images you use." and "If you use CS pets as characters the designs remain copyrighted to CS and other CS users are allowed to use the same designs as their own characters."

For your other questions; our oekaki does not have a download feature. It also doesn't have an upload feature. This is because its a stand-alone art program integrated into our site so it is meant that it only be used on-site and any art within it is created only within it and not uploaded from another program. Essentially, if you wanted to use that base you would need to color it in using our oekaki art program. Some artists will provide transparent versions of their bases if they are fine with you coloring it in elsewhere, but if they don't provide that then you should assume it should only be used on our oekaki.
  • On a side note, if you want to color it in but not post the art when you are done you can do that, just save it and select to post it, and it will take you to a preview screen which will give you a jpeg image which you can then save. Closing out of the preview will return the art to your saved oekakis so you will still be able to access it later. Be sure to check first that the artist allows their art to be taken off-site, and of course remember to credit them if you post it anywhere. Generally though I believe most artists still prefer you post it if you plan to take it offsite so they know you used it. ^^

'Mark' is short for 'marking' or 'bookmarking'. People will post this so that the thread will now appear in their 'My Posts' page which links to every topic you have ever posted on. Basically so they have an easy way to find it again. That said, I personally prefer using the bookmark feature instead as it doesn't require posting on the thread and accomplishes the same thing. There is a bar the bottom of of the page under every thread which has a 'bookmark topic' link on it, if you click that it adds the topic to your bookmarks page. You can remove topics from there any time you want to keep it tidy as well.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I’m new / need help

Postby Sealpuppy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:59 am