Future update?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Future update?

Postby Celozon » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:35 am

If you have a question directed at staff, you can also send in a help ticket here that goes directly to us. This board is more meant for general site questions that anyone can answer.

If you are asking if there are QOL updates made: yes. Just last year we got the dark theme after a dark mode had been requested for years, thats just the first one that comes to mind for me since I use the dark theme myself. The 'More inclusive items (Originally: POC friendly hair/items)' suggestion was also just fulfilled last month ^^ It is good to remember that we only have one site coder, Nick, who does any type of update not art related (ie new pets/items) completely on his own so sometimes it can take a while for these to be done.

I also did a quick search for your other question you mentioned, I assume you are referring to the one about deleting posts, and that system actually works as intended. Deleting posts is, for all intents and purposes, permanent, and unfortunately that can create issues if users are allowed to delete any of their own posts, no matter how old they are. One quick example I can think of is that sometimes users want to do things like delete their entire oekaki gallery, but they may have created art or characters for other people. Something that the user's who paid for it should at least have the chance to save or alerted it will be removed before it gets deleted permanently. Deleting threads would also delete other user's posts on that thread, which can cause issues or just general distress when their own posts are removed without their input at all (especially when there was no rule breaking involved). I could go into more detail, but the point is that it is intentional and we feels it works better if users report to us what they want deleted and so we can first review it and make sure it will not cause any problems before deleting something.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Future update?

Postby Celozon » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:23 am

The help ticket system is essentially for any help or questions directly for site staff, we help with a pretty wide variety of things through there ^^

Unfortunately I don't know the exact reasoning on why we only have one coder, I believe it may be more of a quality control issue than money/volunteers, but I don't know enough about site coding to make more than a general guess. Its possible things will change in the future but as of right now its just Nick.

I understand where you are coming from on wanting to delete single non-important posts, but there isn't any way for the site to know which posts are important and which aren't, so any ability to delete would be applied to every post. It may also just be the type of site CS is, since the site is directed towards a younger audience, more control in terms of moderation can sometimes be necessary to settle disputes or we need to see a user's post history. I can't claim to know a lot about the moderation other sites but its also possible that sites that do allow you to delete anything actually store them in some form so they can be retrieved if necessary (I only mention this as we have an auto-delete feature on some of our boards here, and the auto-deleted posts are retrievable, as sometimes users want their threads back).

Accounts can be deleted or deactivated, voluntarily deactivated accounts keep all the posts, pets, items, etc and can be returned to later on. Users can request that their account be fully deleted, and that will delete the posts. If there are posts that need to be kept but the account is being deleted or the user doesn't want to be associated with it anymore, the post can be transferred to 'Guest'. There is no account linked to it but the post is still up, so this can be done with deleted accounts if certain posts/threads need to be kept up.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me