A question about new players

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

A question about new players

Postby Cady55again » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:57 pm

Hello all! My partner just joined the game, but it seems he can't reply to my trades! Is there a set amount of time a new player cant reply to trades or post on forums? We're both above the age of 13, which I know disables chat abilities for COPPA players. Please help!!
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A question about new players

Postby cloven » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:59 pm

I believe an admin or staff member just needs to authorize their account to make posts- probably phrasing that wrong. But yeah it’s to deter bot accounts! Not sure if their account will be okay-ed to post automatically or not, but know it is normal!

Edit: after looking, I think they should try to make a post under the Introductions and Newbies Guides! The post will be approved, then your friend should be able to post freely after that c: so then they can reply to forums/replies!!
Last edited by cloven on Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:05 pm

Cloven wrote:I believe an admin or staff member just needs to authorize their account to make posts- probably phrasing that wrong. But yeah it’s to deter bot accounts! Not sure if their account will be okay-ed to post automatically or not, but know it is normal!

tysm!!! i'll let them know rn!
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:12 am

To clarify further, when users first register, they are added to a 'Newly Registered Users' group which has limited posting and messaging abilities. This is to prevent spammers from posting adverts or inappropriate material in the forum.

To become a full member, you need to make a post in the forum and wait for it to be approved by a moderator or admin. Once it has been approved you will become a regular member and will be able to PM and send trade messages. Future posts won't require post approval.

Your partner's post will need to be 'on topic' to be approved by staff, but if they don't see any topics that they'd like to comment on, then we recommend posting an introduction in the Introduction board, as shared above by Cloven!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:47 am

axelandria wrote:
    To clarify further, when users first register, they are added to a 'Newly Registered Users' group which has limited posting and messaging abilities. This is to prevent spammers from posting adverts or inappropriate material in the forum.

To become a full member, you need to make a post in the forum and wait for it to be approved by a moderator or admin. Once it has been approved you will become a regular member and will be able to PM and send trade messages. Future posts won't require post approval.

Your partner's post will need to be 'on topic' to be approved by staff, but if they don't see any topics that they'd like to comment on, then we recommend posting an introduction in the Introduction board, as shared above by Cloven!

Hey thank you Axel!!!! I'll let him know right away!🫂
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me