How to make Adoptables?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How to make Adoptables?

Postby littleredstrings » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:39 pm

I hope these aren't silly questions, but I want to start making adopts on here for C$, both/either via the oekaki or the other art forums, so...
1. How do I make sure the adopts are fairly priced? Like, do users use the site's conversion rate or was a different developed for art sales?
2. I know this one is especially silly, but, with oekaki, how do you send the character to the buyer, especially if the canvas has more than one adopt? With other types adopts, I'm assuming you PM the image like other sites, but is the same done for oekaki adopts?

Thanks and sorry if these are a bit dumb questions! I just wanna make sure I understand the process before I tackle it!
🌺꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥImageꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ❀ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥImageꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ❀ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥImageꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ🌺
🌺Image🌺
🌺Image🌺
·ï¡÷¡ï··ï¡÷¡ï·
Strings/Bunny/Zero/Red/Mazy
Take your pick of name! Any is fine!
ImageImageImage
On the search for all things bunny, skeletal, glitchy, floral, and pastel pink! Literally always looking for more bunnies
·ï¡÷¡ï··ï¡÷¡ï·
"Pineapples are in my head
Got nobody because I'm braindead."
littleredstrings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to make Adoptables?

Postby PinkAngel » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:47 pm

Artist will price their adopts at what they think they are worth. Worth of an adopt can depend on many things from original idea, skill, labor, experience, creativity. Most artist will underprice their artwork to begin with since some don’t know their worth, but can eventually increase their prices when they realize their work is worth more than they originally thought. So feel free to price your adopts however you want as there is no site conversion. If you find nobody is buying your adopts for an extended period of time, you can always lower the prices or hold auctions where players bid C$. You can always do a Starting Bid as well, an amount for players to start bidding at.

To send a character to a buyer, you’ll see an option called “ WHO CAN COLOR THIS DRAWING IN?” once you publish the artwork. You will type in their username and the user will self-edit it to appear on their account. The user will self erase the other adopts that they do not own.

More to think about is how do you want to do your adopts? Make a couple of free ones to raffle off and charge for MYO/Customs? Like Wermz, Spidebones, Chicoons, Cozies. Or charge for every adopt you make without a community? Do you want a community adopt or a non-community adopt where you just create and sell unique designs or reuse a base you made to design each adopt? I believe PyroShifts is a good example of a closed-species adopt where only the creator sells the character. Do you want to do an independent adopt instead, where each design/line is unique? Some people may be inclined to pay a lot more for an adopt that’s base will not be reused from past sales I have witnessed. (this is all opinionated).

Hope most of this makes sense.
Click the icons if you want to join!
Please refer my Xanje user, poptarts.

I love having Wermz.
Praise the Wermz.
Let us all get Wermz!

PinkAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to make Adoptables?

Postby littleredstrings » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:16 pm

PinkAngel wrote:Artist will price their adopts at what they think they are worth. Worth of an adopt can depend on many things from original idea, skill, labor, experience, creativity. Most artist will underprice their artwork to begin with since some don’t know their worth, but can eventually increase their prices when they realize their work is worth more than they originally thought. So feel free to price your adopts however you want as there is no site conversion. If you find nobody is buying your adopts for an extended period of time, you can always lower the prices or hold auctions where players bid C$. You can always do a Starting Bid as well, an amount for players to start bidding at.

To send a character to a buyer, you’ll see an option called “ WHO CAN COLOR THIS DRAWING IN?” once you publish the artwork. You will type in their username and the user will self-edit it to appear on their account. The user will self erase the other adopts that they do not own.

More to think about is how do you want to do your adopts? Make a couple of free ones to raffle off and charge for MYO/Customs? Like Wermz, Spidebones, Chicoons, Cozies. Or charge for every adopt you make without a community? Do you want a community adopt or a non-community adopt where you just create and sell unique designs or reuse a base you made to design each adopt? I believe PyroShifts is a good example of a closed-species adopt where only the creator sells the character. Do you want to do an independent adopt instead, where each design/line is unique? Some people may be inclined to pay a lot more for an adopt that’s base will not be reused from past sales I have witnessed. (this is all opinionated).

Hope most of this makes sense.

Thanks, that's very helpful!
🌺꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥImageꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ❀ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥImageꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ❀ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥImageꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ🌺
🌺Image🌺
🌺Image🌺
·ï¡÷¡ï··ï¡÷¡ï·
Strings/Bunny/Zero/Red/Mazy
Take your pick of name! Any is fine!
ImageImageImage
On the search for all things bunny, skeletal, glitchy, floral, and pastel pink! Literally always looking for more bunnies
·ï¡÷¡ï··ï¡÷¡ï·
"Pineapples are in my head
Got nobody because I'm braindead."
littleredstrings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me