Example pets on adopt page

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Example pets on adopt page

Postby aky-mala » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:16 am

When will example pets (the one you see when you go on "adopt") be added? Bunnyes doesn't have growth in rodents section, hatchery is missing snakes (and something else I think), others is missing otters (and more I think), cats are missing lions, horses are missing drafts and unicorns....
All of those are available for adopt, and don't have example of growth on adopt pages.
aky-mala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Example pets on adopt page

Postby *Icarus* » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:19 am

i always thought that the example pets were there more to explain how pets grow rather than show what every species looks like when they grow (at least thats how i veiwed it, i could be wrong)

*Icarus*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aky-mala » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:51 am

If that is so, then only one pet on first page (adopt) would be enough.
And why would they put both pony and horse if it just showing that there are 2 growth stages, or rats and both hamsters.
I do understand they won't put pets that are available only once in a year (but I don't agree), but most of those pets we can adopt every other month.
aky-mala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Icarus* » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 am

maybe its just to show that you can get more than one different species from them, i personnally dont mind that they dont have every pet type up in the examples idk it feels unnesisary

*Icarus*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:56 am

The adoption pages actually have rotating images that will change each month depending on what pets are available. If there is an image for the type of pet currently available to adopt, that one will always appear. If there is no image or only one type available the other image/s will rotate between all other types. For example, if you reload the 'other species' page you will see it rotate between deer, foxes, and monkeys, but only two are shown at a time. The Hatchery right now will always show macaws since thats whats available right now and the other image rotates every time you reload the page. There isn't an image for the otters yet probably because the only ones we have gotten so far are event ones which don't make good examples since they have lineart edits the monthly ones usually won't have.

Bunnies don't show up on the adopt page since those aren't usually available in monthly adopts, they are pretty much exclusively event pets, like lions and unicorns, so having them on the monthly adopts page wouldn't make much sense.

And as Icarus mentioned, its really more to showcase the growth cycle of the pets, not to show every pet we have available. There aren't a whole lot of sites out there like CS so new players can sometimes be confused by the way we have monthly adopts and why it is taking so long for their pets to grow, and the images and text on the adopt page are just supposed to help explain that.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me