Answered, please delete

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Answered, please delete

Postby Keith-Kogane » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:47 pm

Okay, so I've been editing my pet groups. I have never had issues getting them in the proper order I want, but for some reason I am severely struggling right now.
I use the * to move my hoards to the top, and the years are moved using spaces.
For example, to get 10 (for October) to go after 9 instead of up by 1, I put 2 spaces in the earlier months-
Code: Select all
2020  1-January
vs
2020 10-October

For special groups, I have the year and then *, once again using spaces to order them. Christmas is before Easter alphabetically, but not chronologically, so I do this-
2020*  Easter
vs
2020* Christmas

For some reason, it just won't work for my new group. I used to keep 2008-2010 Christmas pets all in one group. I changed it so it's now 2008-2009, and 2010. Suddenly, the 2008 to 2009 Christmas group won't go where it should. The attachment below shows where it is and refuses to move from. For reference, the group names that might be relevant (to compare spaces and such)-
2008-2009* Christmas [149]

2010* Christmas [73]

2008-2010* Store Pets

2009* Staff Litter [11]

I would love for it to fit nicely like the other ones, and go 2008-2009 Christmas, 2009 Staff, 2010 Christmas, 2010 Staff.
Attachments
pet groups.png
pet groups.png (50.84 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Last edited by Keith-Kogane on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"Never limit yourself because
xxof others’ limited imagination;
xxnever limit others because of
xxyour own limited imagination."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxAlways open for trades
xxxxxxxxLibramasculine
xxxHe/him, maybe they/them
xxxxxx♡♡ Space, nature ♡♡
xxxxxxDMs always open~xxx
Keith-Kogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ordering Pet Groups Suddenly Not Working

Postby Celozon » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:43 pm

It looks like its ordering correctly right now (according to the order logic), its placed at the top of the 2008-2010s because 2008-2009 is lower than 2008-2010. Nothing else after the '2008-2009' will make any difference in the placement here, adding * or spaces after that won't change it, since 2008-2009 will always be lower than 2008-2010, so thats all its looking at. You'd probably have to give the events their own section or numbering to get them all together, a lot of people will use a number or alphabet system to keep them in order so the actual group name doesn't matter (like having each group start with [a.a], [a.b], [a.c] etc. to order them). You might consider that as an alternative so the names themselves don't require any manipulation to keep them in order, you can just go down the alphabet.

I personally don't keep that many groups since I don't like having to sort through them all so you might check how others with lots of groups keep theirs in order ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ordering Pet Groups Suddenly Not Working

Postby Keith-Kogane » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:01 am

Somehow that missed my mind entirely omg
Thank you for pointing that out. c:

I just gave up and put them back into one group, so I think I would consider this answered.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"Never limit yourself because
xxof others’ limited imagination;
xxnever limit others because of
xxyour own limited imagination."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxAlways open for trades
xxxxxxxxLibramasculine
xxxHe/him, maybe they/them
xxxxxx♡♡ Space, nature ♡♡
xxxxxxDMs always open~xxx