How does the "Bump Topic" feature work?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How does the "Bump Topic" feature work?

Postby Leo & The Moths » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:07 am

Was on my trade forum after clearing it and noticed this little button on the bottom of the page

Clicked it thinking it might've been part of the CS Bump assistant thingie, but saw that it didn't actually make a "Bump" post, yet still sent it to the front page, despite the only post being the original 2019 one (so clearing it usually just sends it back to 2019 posts)

Thought this was really cool and wondered why nobody used it, though after it fell off the front page the "Bump Topic" button didn't reappear. Is there some sort of timed cooldown or something? How does it work?
i have several hundred bugs
ImageImageImageImage
Leo & The Moths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How does the "Bump Topic" feature work?

Postby Celozon » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:01 pm

I believe the refresh on the 'bump topic' button is 6 hours, it also will only work if your post is the most recent post (or you created the thread), and you can only bump each post once, after that you have to make a new post, then can bump that one. It will change the post time in the thread itself (if you open your thread and look at when it was posted it now says it was posted today instead of 2019, it'll also leave a 'last bumped by' at the bottom similar to the 'last edited by' message).

It doesn't track the forum or check that your post is no longer on the front page, so just because its there doesn't necessarily mean it should be bumped, though thats not an issue in the trade board, it can be in boards that move slower and your thread may still be on the front page after 6 hours, so if its a slower board you should still check to make sure your thread isn't on the first page.

I think many users who don't use it don't because they don't know it's there, its location doesn't make it super obvious, but I've also seen it used plenty on various threads, keep an eye out for that 'last bumped by' message and you may notice it more often ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How does the "Bump Topic" feature work?

Postby Leo & The Moths » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Celozon wrote:I believe the refresh on the 'bump topic' button is 6 hours, it also will only work if your post is the most recent post (or you created the thread), and you can only bump each post once, after that you have to make a new post, then can bump that one. It will change the post time in the thread itself (if you open your thread and look at when it was posted it now says it was posted today instead of 2019, it'll also leave a 'last bumped by' at the bottom similar to the 'last edited by' message).

It doesn't track the forum or check that your post is no longer on the front page, so just because its there doesn't necessarily mean it should be bumped, though thats not an issue in the trade board, it can be in boards that move slower and your thread may still be on the front page after 6 hours, so if its a slower board you should still check to make sure your thread isn't on the first page.

I think many users who don't use it don't because they don't know it's there, its location doesn't make it super obvious, but I've also seen it used plenty on various threads, keep an eye out for that 'last bumped by' message and you may notice it more often ^^

Ooh interesting, thank you for the info!!
i have several hundred bugs
ImageImageImageImage
Leo & The Moths

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me