Oekaki url questions?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Oekaki url questions?

Postby Whovian5EVA » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Hi I think this is the right forum to post this, but I'm not too sure? I'm happy to move it or repost elsewhere if it is in the wrong spot!
I have some questions about oekaki urls...

Here's an example oekaki image:
URL:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4051879&size=gallery&format=jpg&rev=1658834769

I know that changing the size can be done by changing size=____:
URL:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4051879&size=medium&format=jpg&rev=1658834769

I know that changing the format can be done by changing format=____:
URL:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4051879&size=medium&format=png&rev=1658834769

But I cant seem to pinpoint what the final chunk of the url effects? What does the rev=__ change? I'm guessing it has to do with versions of an oekaki (maybe stands for revision?)
I have noticed that it changes if I edit the oekaki and grab the new URL

URL:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4051879&size=medium&format=png&rev=1658834769
URL:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4051879&size=medium&format=png&rev=1664324145

And if it is linked to the version, is there a trick where is can tell it to take the most recent version without having to manually edit the url every time?

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:15 pm

after a little bit of testing, it does seem to be revisions however this number only changed for me when it was a published oekaki, and not something sitting in my drafts. as a note, other users can no longer see images from your drafts (unless youve copied and pasted the image somewhere, rather than sharing the url).

i removed the entire '&rev=xyz' section and it seemed to automatically update as it brought me from the previous version that would not change when refreshed, to the most recent version of the image... but it only worked once, when i initially removed it.

i have absolutely no clue what it is (though its probably linked) because it just keeps bringing me back to the other version, even if ive saved / updated it since then. hard refreshing doesnt change anything, either.

BUT

if you absolutely need the url to reflect the most recent version, i would recommend asking someone over in the uma community what website they use for growable adopts (eg. the image is updated so that it seems to grow like a chicken smoothie pet). i've never seen it publicly stated anywhere, so im not quite sure how closely guarded the secret is. cheetah eggs is the only one i know of personally, but i dont browse around those threads too often and im sure ive seen others before. or maybe you can find a website that does what the instructions in the faq say.

i dont think imgur can do that. though based on the image urls i would say its fandom? thats the only website that i know of that uses those urls, but im not really sure how it works or if you can have hidden images / wikis.

but, depending on what youre doing, at that point it might just be easier to update the url in whatever post youre making.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Whovian5EVA » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:05 pm

Viperr wrote:after a little bit of testing, it does seem to be revisions however this number only changed for me when it was a published oekaki, and not something sitting in my drafts. as a note, other users can no longer see images from your drafts (unless youve copied and pasted the image somewhere, rather than sharing the url).

i removed the entire '&rev=xyz' section and it seemed to automatically update as it brought me from the previous version that would not change when refreshed, to the most recent version of the image... but it only worked once, when i initially removed it.

i have absolutely no clue what it is (though its probably linked) because it just keeps bringing me back to the other version, even if ive saved / updated it since then. hard refreshing doesnt change anything, either.

BUT

if you absolutely need the url to reflect the most recent version, i would recommend asking someone over in the uma community what website they use for growable adopts (eg. the image is updated so that it seems to grow like a chicken smoothie pet). i've never seen it publicly stated anywhere, so im not quite sure how closely guarded the secret is. cheetah eggs is the only one i know of personally, but i dont browse around those threads too often and im sure ive seen others before. or maybe you can find a website that does what the instructions in the faq say.

i dont think imgur can do that. though based on the image urls i would say its fandom? thats the only website that i know of that uses those urls, but im not really sure how it works or if you can have hidden images / wikis.

but, depending on what youre doing, at that point it might just be easier to update the url in whatever post youre making.

Woah! Thank you heaps for your help! Its for a character archive, where I have little icons for them, so it would have been handy to have the icons update automatically, if I made a design change or something, but it seems that its a bit more complicated, hey. I think I agree that it might be easier to just update the urls manually, since I'm not expecting to have to do it too often.
Thank you again!

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery