Rarity update question?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Rarity update question?

Postby Llazybonezz » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:23 pm

Honestly I dont know what the rarity update is. Should I check my pets and see if their rarity has changed? I feel like that will take a long time, does it mean that some pets rarities have changed? If so, is there a way to know without going through all your pets and looking?
Last edited by Llazybonezz on Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/them | Scorpio | Art Shop
Llazybonezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Art store lingo?

Postby Riley ♥ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:27 pm

It's to let the artist know that the person marking has interest, either the slots are full/they want to keep an eye on the thread, or they don't have enough C$/pets/etc to pay for a commission at the moment and want to save the post for when they do! Note that some artists don't want people marking their threads when slots are full, so always make sure to read an artist's rules!
there was an image here but discord broke, please stand by

☆ riley ❤ she/her ❤ adult ☆
art shopart gallery
alikinscastkitty
☆ artist for goobies

design tos
toyhouse
oekaki

Riley ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Art store lingo?

Postby Llazybonezz » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Riley ♥ wrote:It's to let the artist know that the person marking has interest, either the slots are full/they want to keep an eye on the thread, or they don't have enough C$/pets/etc to pay for a commission at the moment and want to save the post for when they do! Note that some artists don't want people marking their threads when slots are full, so always make sure to read an artist's rules!

Ah thank you so much!! I was just so worried that I needed to close a slot for them and wait until I heard back from them, I appreciate your help :)
Llazybonezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rarity update question?

Postby Llazybonezz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:42 pm

pm

Honestly I dont know what the rarity update is. Should I check my pets and see if their rarity has changed? I feel like that will take a long time, does it mean that some pets rarities have changed? If so, is there a way to know without going through all your pets and looking?
Llazybonezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Llazybonezz wrote:Honestly I dont know what the rarity update is. Should I check my pets and see if their rarity has changed? I feel like that will take a long time, does it mean that some pets rarities have changed? If so, is there a way to know without going through all your pets and looking?

So I think it’s once a year the ratio of pets on active accounts to active users is compared and pets will then get a rarity change if one is needed, usually when this happens there is a thread that says what pets have received a rarity update and what the change was. Like was uncommon now rare.

Edit: here is the thread
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4014876
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello!
    Rarity is actually updated monthly, roughly around the 15th of the month. Since we have monthly adopts, they need to be updated frequently so that they don't stay unknown for too long, along with any events that happen during any month.

You don't need to sort through all your pets to see changes, there is a community updated thread here that keeps track of rarity changes month to month.

Also in the future, it is best to create a new thread rather than editing an old one. People trying to help may see a lot of replies and assume the question has been answered. (:
Last edited by Panne on Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:53 pm

Rarities are updated every month, usually around the 15th. You can see any rarity changes in the thread linked above!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist