why are some pets worth more?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

why are some pets worth more?

Postby LegendaryYiou » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:48 am

I think I know it, but to be sure: why are pets from 2018+ (or something) that grew to rares worth like crazy
I heard the golden bottle dog thingy from 2021 Image has been traded for like 3 store pets , and also some super crazy trades like Image for bulk 2010-2012 rares
It’s kinda weird! I got mine for only an 2020 rare, and another trade just an few uncommons and an 2022 rare
ImageImage
Are you ready to watch the progress of the Rags to Riches? ⬆️
LegendaryYiou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: why are some pets worth more?

Postby Riley ♥ » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:51 am

It all has to do with demand! Lots of people like to collect this particular pet so they're willing to overpay by a lot. Generally, newer rares don't tend to go for much, but there can be circumstances where they go for a lot more than they should if there's lots of hype (like the recent internet event, for example. Pets were going for way more than they're going to be worth once rarities come out).
there was an image here but discord broke, please stand by

☆ riley ❤ she/her ❤ adult ☆
art shopart gallery
alikinscastkitty
☆ artist for goobies

design tos
toyhouse
oekaki

Riley ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cwd » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:52 am

mostly demand, could depend on the pet's design or how hard they were to get. occasionally certain pets that wouldn't be worth much otherwise are valued more just because they're in high demand :)
cwd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LegendaryYiou » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:19 am

Riley ♥ wrote:It all has to do with demand! Lots of people like to collect this particular pet so they're willing to overpay by a lot. Generally, newer rares don't tend to go for much, but there can be circumstances where they go for a lot more than they should if there's lots of hype (like the recent internet event, for example. Pets were going for way more than they're going to be worth once rarities come out).

Yes, someone gave me this Image 2018 store pet for only 3 growing internet event birds and two growing internet event deer
ImageImage
Are you ready to watch the progress of the Rags to Riches? ⬆️
LegendaryYiou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me