what’s December 18?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

what’s December 18?

Postby LegendaryYiou » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:13 pm

Hi, may I have an full explanation of what is December 18?
ImageImage
Are you ready to watch the progress of the Rags to Riches? ⬆️
LegendaryYiou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: what’s December 18?

Postby wafflefalaffle » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:15 pm

It’s a date during the advent event that you get 3 gifts. That can contain new OMGSR or re-released rares, very Rares and omgsrs. It’s literally just a chance to get some old rares for free :o
wafflefalaffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grunge » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:16 pm

wafflefalaffle wrote:It’s a date during the advent event that you get 3 gifts. That can contain new OMGSR or re-released rares, very Rares and omgsrs. It’s literally just a chance to get some old rares for free :o

Basically CS's way of saying "Merry Christmas" early.
Leaving.
Grunge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wafflefalaffle » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:17 pm

Yep yep! I’ve gotten some pretty good ones! Last year I got the pps Griffen baby and one of the original birthday balloon dogs.
wafflefalaffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:20 pm

Each year on December 18th, we have an extra special gift in the advent calendar. The Dec 18th gift boxes are full of hundreds of different pets which have been released before over the past years - many of these are rare and valuable. You will have the chance to adopt a few, but like all previous gifts, the pets you receive are randomly chosen. The December 18th giveaway's purpose is to bring all sorts of old and rare pets back into the active trading population so that they're a little less difficult to get in trades.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LegendaryYiou » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 pm

axelandria wrote:
    Each year on December 18th, we have an extra special gift in the advent calendar. The Dec 18th gift boxes are full of hundreds of different pets which have been released before over the past years - many of these are rare and valuable. You will have the chance to adopt a few, but like all previous gifts, the pets you receive are randomly chosen. The December 18th giveaway's purpose is to bring all sorts of old and rare pets back into the active trading population so that they're a little less difficult to get in trades.

Thanks! Do you get all the pets in one day, or one at a time? And how much?
ImageImage
LegendaryYiou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:43 am

LegendaryYiou wrote:
axelandria wrote:

This particular giveaway of older pets is only available for 24 hours on December 18th, but it's part of the Advent Calendar event which gives you a new gift every day throughout December. In recent years the December 18th re-release has consisted of three boxes, each of which you can adopt one pet from - one containing Very Rare and OMG So Rare pets and the other two containing Rare pets.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LegendaryYiou » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:44 am

Aurora Storm wrote:
LegendaryYiou wrote:
axelandria wrote:

This particular giveaway of older pets is only available for 24 hours on December 18th, but it's part of the Advent Calendar event which gives you a new gift every day throughout December. In recent years the December 18th re-release has consisted of three boxes, each of which you can adopt one pet from - one containing Very Rare and OMG So Rare pets and the other two containing Rare pets.

Sounds cool! Thanks!
ImageImage
LegendaryYiou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LegendaryYiou » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:35 am

I’ve watched some December 18 videos
Do you need to adopt all 3 in a day? Or it’s the max for an day, and next day has 3 more?
Or if you adopt 3 in the first present, you can’t adopt any more re releases?
ImageImage
LegendaryYiou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:46 am

LegendaryYiou wrote:I’ve watched some December 18 videos
Do you need to adopt all 3 in a day? Or it’s the max for an day, and next day has 3 more?
Or if you adopt 3 in the first present, you can’t adopt any more re releases?

December 18th limits an individual user to three adoptions from the pre-designated boxes [2 rare boxes, 1 very rare or omg so rare box - you are able to adopt the newest UR released that year from any of the three boxes]. You have to adopt them between the start of the 18th on the site (rollover occurs at midnight Greenwich Mean Time) and the start of the 19th - a 24 hour window for adoption. After this time, the advent calendar event continues normally with holiday releases which are not re-release pets.

Below is the initial information blurb that is posted every year just before the 18th; more information regarding the event can be found in the link the quote title. ^^
Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers wrote:
You might have heard people talking about "December 18th" and "re-releases". If you haven't participated in our Advent Calendar before then this may be new to you. It's just about time for the Dec 18th release, so please read this information so that you understand what it all means!

Each year on December 18th, we have an extra special gift in the advent calendar. The Dec 18th gift boxes are full of hundreds of different pets which have been released before over the past 12 years - many of these are rare and valuable. You will have the chance to adopt a few, but like all previous gifts, the pets you receive are randomly chosen.

Image Image Image

The December 18th giveaway's purpose is to bring all sorts of old and rare pets back into the active trading population so that they're a little less difficult to get in trades. That said, we don't want to dramatically lower their value, so we can't give everyone a Sunback or a Zebra otherwise those ultra rare pets would become worthless Very Commons overnight. If you are disappointed by what you receive on the 18th please don't feel sad, because even if you were a bit unlucky on the day, the re-release benefits everyone long-term by making trading for older rares slightly easier for everyone again.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist