Am I a scammer???

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Am I a scammer???

Postby ❦Acidic-Tea❦ » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:00 am

I just tried to trade with someone and they told me I was a scammer. I was asking for two rare store pets from 2021 and 2020 along with one regular rare from 2019. I offered them three rare pets from 2010, 2016, and 2013. They canceled and said "You're asking for store pets? How is this in any way fair, nice try scammer." Are store pets more valuable even if they're just rare??? I've had no trouble trading store pets for regular pets before and now I'm very sad thinking that I've somehow scammed people before. I was scammed before when I was younger and it's not a great feeling once you find out. I want to apologize and tell them I didn't know store pets had way more value even when they're just rare and not very rare but I think they're going to accuse me of lying or something.

Oopsies! I quit :(
❦Acidic-Tea❦

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Am I a scammer???

Postby Panne » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:52 am

Hey there!

Scamming requires intent to trick someone into an unfair deal. If you genuinely don't know if a trade is fair and send an unfair one, that doesn't make you a scammer. It just means that you're trying your best to make a fair deal. Some players unfortunately may be a little bit rude even when you're still learning to understand rarities.

That being said, the trade just from description seems a little bit unfair to the store pets, but it's hard to tell without seeing the pets. In general though, store pets are worth a bit more than pets in the same date/rarity range since they cost C$ and are never rereleased like other pets.
    In the future, this post specifically breaks down store pet values and highlights any more valuable store pets that are outliers in trading. However, since values outside of the rarity tag on CS are community made, they are just a suggestion of what most people will find fair. You might always find someone who values their pets differently and finds the standard unfair.

I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble over this, though! Its not a reportable offense to send an unfair trade because trades are highly subjective. Its hard to get the hang of trading sometimes and lots of users over at the fair trade thread are willing to help out with any trade values if you are unsure!

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Am I a scammer???

Postby Celozon » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:08 am

Panne is correct, and in addition I strongly suggest sending in a Help Ticket to site staff with the trade link. Even if a trade is unfair, its not an excuse to send rude messages to another user. Its always good to report any trade you get with a message you feel is rude or inappropriate ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me