okeaki lineart problem

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

okeaki lineart problem

Postby webheadXD » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:54 am

hey, i'm having a problem with my tablet drawing on okekai chickenpaint;

whenever i try to draw a line, it gets these weird gaps / stitching marks in it?
I have tried turning on and off pen pressure and reloading the page but to no avail

when i draw with my trackpad it does not have this issue and draws normaly, but when using my tablet on other softwares (medibang & krita) i do not encounter this problem, so it must be some compatibility error with my tablet and chicken paint?

ive been using my tablet to draw on here since 2020, & this is completely sudden so any help would be appreicated! ;0;
ART SHOP - 5c$ OC PURGE
ImageImageImage
ImageWebs - it/they - resident sparklefur - okekai userImage
artist^
webheadXD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: okeaki lineart problem

Postby Sparklingwater01 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:44 am

i’m not sure what could be causing this, but maybe try using the deselection tool under Edit. (or ctrl+D)
i’m on mobile oekaki at the moment, so i’m not sure if this will help

CS help
husbando<3
i gift at random. c:
Sparklingwater01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:26 am

i can't give you a definitive answer, but i can give you some more ideas to mess around with:

1. try a different browser (some browsers have more issues with chickenpaint than others, such as firefox)
  2. turn on/off windows ink if you're using a system with windows
  3. check if your tablet drivers are up to date
  4. check if anything else on your computer is up to date (such as java)
  5. check your tablet settings; iirc my wacom has separate settings for how it should behave on browsers vs an app
  6. check your browser's settings; they update constantly so they mightve added something that messes with it

i had a big post of things that offer potential solutions to oekaki problems somewhere but i couldnt find it, so hopefully one of these fixes it!
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby webheadXD » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:05 pm

cacophony ! wrote:i can't give you a definitive answer, but i can give you some more ideas to mess around with:

1. try a different browser (some browsers have more issues with chickenpaint than others, such as firefox)
  2. turn on/off windows ink if you're using a system with windows
  3. check if your tablet drivers are up to date
  4. check if anything else on your computer is up to date (such as java)
  5. check your tablet settings; iirc my wacom has separate settings for how it should behave on browsers vs an app
  6. check your browser's settings; they update constantly so they mightve added something that messes with it

i had a big post of things that offer potential solutions to oekaki problems somewhere but i couldnt find it, so hopefully one of these fixes it!

oh omg, i had recently started using firefox & didnt realize that it was causing the problem, when i use okeaki on chrome it works perfectly fine! thank you so much for the help! :D

ill leave this thread open incase anyone else has this problem or if anyone knows how to stop this issue from happening on firefox!
ART SHOP - 5c$ OC PURGE
ImageImageImage
ImageWebs - it/they - resident sparklefur - okekai userImage
artist^
webheadXD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: okeaki lineart problem

Postby Celozon » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:59 am

I had this issue recently on Firefox and turning Windows Ink back on actually seemed to fixed it ^^

I'd also like to suggest this thread for oekaki-specific issues in the future.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me