what are the rules on cash-only art payments?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

what are the rules on cash-only art payments?

Postby kītte‏‏‎n‏‏‎ » Tue May 10, 2022 1:16 am

sorry for the confusing title and if this is a silly question. but what are the exact rules for taking only real currency with on-site commissions/adopts? i've read the rules/FAQ pleny of times but i feel like it's still kind of unclear.

i've seen a few people over the years selling cash-only adopts/commissions perfectly fine (ive also been fine with keeping only usd options open for my commissions on here, but ive started taking c$ again bc im concerned my topic will get closed out of nowhere).
i've also seen peoples commission topics get closed just for having their cs payment option closed temporarily.

are the rules different on oekaki adopts/art shops from the art shops board? are we allowed to have cs payments closed temporarily or not? again sorry if its just something i could've read somewhere, i just feel like im missing rlly important details LOL.
valkyrie + mayoi oshi
semi-quit/INACTIVE o7
kītte‏‏‎n‏‏‎

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: what are the rules on cash-only art payments?

Postby Lacuna » Tue May 10, 2022 2:56 am

On the Art Shops and other non-Oekaki forum boards you must have a CS payment option. If you are not accepting a CS payment option your topic will be closed, but we do not always catch/receive a report in these cases so if you see a shop breaking the rules please let us know.

On the Oekaki you may offer things for non-CS payment only because the art itself was created with the Oekaki and is therefore “on-topic” on CS. You may not get around this by creating a “cover” to sell art created in other programs.

If you are selling things for real currency you must have a CS-appropriate location such as a discord handle or a Toyhou.se account that follows CS rules linked so any discussions of real currency/exchanges of information like email addresses do not occur on CS. We encourage all users to apply extreme caution when contacting users off site for their own safety and want to make it clear that we cannot help you if one of these transactions goes awry.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me