Oekaki Help? Scrolling.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Oekaki Help? Scrolling.

Postby Bowno » Sat May 07, 2022 2:23 pm

I posted this in the mega thread, but its been a few days with 0 replies and I see other people who post an actual thread after my post are getting help that same day o.o So reposting my issue here.
Forgive me if thats not okay. Just uh.. not getting any help on the mega thread LOL

I've tried ALL the different Oekaki setting types and each one of them does this scrolling thing any time I try to draw using my tablet.
In the GIF I am trying to make a circle. As you can see, its not going very well.
Is there a way to keep the page from scrolling all over the place when I'm using my drawing tablet?
Bowno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki Help? Scrolling.

Postby Lex. » Sat May 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Perhaps try going full-screen mode?
Not sure what else I can offer to help, I'm a PC user :)
☮ lex | it/its | lover of lions | 10/21 ☮
kalons trades [mirage (1987) album]
“Good times are ahead! Or behind.
Because they sure aren't here.”

- garfield
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bowno » Sat May 07, 2022 2:26 pm

Lex. wrote:Perhaps try going full-screen mode?
Not sure what else I can offer to help, I'm a PC user :)

I'm on the PC as well. It's just a drawing tablet hooked up to my PC. I shoulda made that more clear, sorry!
My browser is in fullscreen mode.
Bowno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat May 07, 2022 2:29 pm

Oh, I see!
In which case, I still can't help, sorry! ToT
Hope that you can get this issue resolved though :)
☮ lex | it/its | lover of lions | 10/21 ☮
kalons trades [mirage (1987) album]
“Good times are ahead! Or behind.
Because they sure aren't here.”

- garfield
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Sat May 07, 2022 2:39 pm

i've heard people say disabling windows ink will fix it, but that's also what gives you pen pressure. so it's kind of whichever you're more willing to deal with.

iirc there's also a way to pop out oekaki into a separate window, but i'm not sure how since i've never done it and any oekaki-related pages are... very outdated to say the least lmao. you can't visit any other cs pages though while you do this; i think it'll essentially delete your progress / refuse to save?? i don't know if this would fix the problem but i'd assume since there would likely only be the chickenpaint scrollbar then it would?
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat May 07, 2022 2:40 pm

This seems like an issue with either your PC settings or your tablet settings. What tablet are you using?

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Bowno » Sat May 07, 2022 3:09 pm

cacophony ! wrote:i've heard people say disabling windows ink will fix it, but that's also what gives you pen pressure. so it's kind of whichever you're more willing to deal with.

iirc there's also a way to pop out oekaki into a separate window, but i'm not sure how since i've never done it and any oekaki-related pages are... very outdated to say the least lmao. you can't visit any other cs pages though while you do this; i think it'll essentially delete your progress / refuse to save?? i don't know if this would fix the problem but i'd assume since there would likely only be the chickenpaint scrollbar then it would?

Oof. Yeah, the pen pressure is kinda important. I'll look to see if there is any way to pop out the oekaki page and see if that helps I guess?
Thank you for the suggestions.

axelandria wrote:
    This seems like an issue with either your PC settings or your tablet settings. What tablet are you using?

I'm using a Huion 1060 Plus (8192) Tablet.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Sat May 07, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remember to edit your last post instead of double-posting
Bowno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat May 07, 2022 4:18 pm

Bowno wrote:
axelandria wrote:

Sometimes disabling Windows Ink actually helps with Huion tablets. They like to only work when Windows isn't interfering (at least the ones I've had experience with). Try going into your tablet's settings and seeing the pen tip is activated, and just take a peek at the settings to see if anything stands out.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bowno » Sat May 07, 2022 4:29 pm

axelandria wrote:
Bowno wrote:
axelandria wrote:

Sometimes disabling Windows Ink actually helps with Huion tablets. They like to only work when Windows isn't interfering (at least the ones I've had experience with). Try going into your tablet's settings and seeing the pen tip is activated, and just take a peek at the settings to see if anything stands out.

Ah hah! Well.. I guess that was it. Sadly, it does indeed appear that turning off Windows Ink stops the weird scrolling from happening.
However, this now means I dont get the pressure settings. Dx
BUT at least that solves the scrolling issue. I'll have to see if there's a good way to get the pressure settings to come back without Windows Ink making the page go all funky.
Or if I can just pop out the window and just not have it possible to scroll in the first place.

Thank you everyone for the help :)
Bowno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me