Artist Applications - CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Artist Applications - CLOSED

Postby Simon » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:56 am

First, we have a retirement to announce today. Yugi is stepping down from their role as official artist. They have a lot going on in their life and won't have the time to make the amazing content they have provided of the past couple of years. Please join me in wishing them well!

With that being said, we are opening artist applications again!

We're looking for experienced artists with excellent creativity and technical art skills to join our team. Successful candidates will go through a trial period as Guest Artists with the potential to join us as Official Artists :D

We need artists to color pets or create items. You can apply for both specialties, or just one, whichever you're best at!

Click Here to apply!

IMPORTANT: We have created pet/item templates, and there are important rules for using these.
  • Create your designs on the template and submit it using the secure application form.
  • Entries will only be viewed by staff.
  • Unfortunately we can't accept template entries by Oekaki as we require our artists to make CS pets/items using an external art program such as Photoshop or GIMP. You CAN use Oekaki art when showing us other examples of your work.
  • You may not share colored/completed versions of the templates in the CS forum, in chats, or anywhere else online until AFTER applications are CLOSED. (We will announce when this is okay).
  • Any entries posted publicly may be disqualified. Some entries may end up similar by coincidence as applicants are using the same lines and palettes. The only way we can judge two similar entries as original ideas is if we know users never saw the other entries.
  • You must submit at least one completed template for your application. You can also attach other examples of your art to support your application. Do not edit/copy/use CS pet or item images as part of your application.

You can only become a CS Artist by showing us your own original artwork. If you submit art or designs taken from a different artist you will be disqualified. If you've colored someone else's lineart, used something for inspiration, or created something as a collaboration please be very clear in your application.

The CS Artist role is an unpaid position.

Remember: do not share your colored templates or applications here.
You're welcome to post questions for staff to answer!
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Artist Applications, Staff Changes !

Postby Shy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:13 am

Sad to see you go Yugi, thanks for giving us such lovely pets over the years!

Also super excited to see the next round of talent πŸ‘€
`
`
╒═════════════╕
β”‚..trades | she/her | help
β”‚

β•˜β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•›
https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:30 am

Thank you Yugi for all the wonderful pets all these years! I'll be missing your designs, but I wish you the best!

Quick question, as a shared account, would I- kivr- be a valid candidate for this position?
or would fireflii have to be considered candidate as well in order for one of us to be an artist?

Would it be required for fireflii and I applied for the position separately if both of us need to apply for this position?

I hope these questions make sense, if not I'd be happy to clarify!
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:39 am

kivr & fireflii wrote:
Thank you Yugi for all the wonderful pets all these years! I'll be missing your designs, but I wish you the best!

Quick question, as a shared account, would I- kivr- be a valid candidate for this position?
or would fireflii have to be considered candidate as well in order for one of us to be an artist?

Would it be required for fireflii and I applied for the position separately if both of us need to apply for this position?

I hope these questions make sense, if not I'd be happy to clarify!

As you would have access to content that regular users do not have access to, both of you would need to apply and be accepted for the position.

╔═══*.Β·:Β·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.Β·:Β·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
β•šβ•β•β•*.Β·:Β·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.Β·:Β·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:42 am

Thank you Seasonal, so if we are to apply (and I'm thinking we can only submit the application once) - should we include an example from both in one image?

i.e: the pet sample litter, we are only allowed to submit one image. but in order to show to both of our skills, I'd submit one litter from myself and one litter from fireflii as a single image?
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:53 am

Yugi, you will be missed! Thank you for so many wonderful designs and pets over the years!

Best of luck to all applying, I'm excited to see what people get to create in the future~ ^^
|x|x|xβ”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|xβ””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabidcoyote » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:18 am

Oh wow, I may or may not have been waiting for this since 2009 😳

x
𝕒 π•˜π•£π•’π•Ÿπ••π•”π•™π•šπ•π•• 𝕠𝕗 π•Šπ•’π•₯π•’π•Ÿ π•™π•šπ•žπ•€π•–π•π•—

γ€˜ they/them or it/its γ€™
hopeless sudoku conoisseur, historical ed teach enthusiast, relentless snake booper

Suggestion: Bring back CS contests

rabidcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demberant » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:45 am

Hello please excuse me, but I do have a question!
I personally love to use overlay layers to give my art some highlights, is this allowed when working with the template or do we need to work with only the color layer?
Demberant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rasputin » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:47 am

I had one question regarding applications! Are we allowed to use blend/gradient colors in our designs? Thanks in advance!
Rasputin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katykat5099 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:48 am

Oh, thats too bad. I’ve wanted to be an artist for a long time, but I don’t know what to talk about on forums, so I don’t talk on forums at all. I’m more of a β€˜read what other people say’ type of person.
As a hobby, I train parrots.
katykat5099

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me