ChickenPaint 2 adds new restyled toolbar icons

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: ChickenPaint 2 adds new restyled toolbar icons

Postby sumashira » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:30 am

jay wrote:I actually went into the oekaki just now (curiosity) and if you mouse over each option, it shows you the shortcut for it.

Select (M) - Move (V)
Bucket (F) - Gradient (G)
Eyedropper (I)
Pencil (N) - Pen (B)
Eraser (E)
Dodge (O) - Burn (P)

So there is a shortcut for the eraser!

You're a magical detective. 😂 Thank you for doing that obvious thing I didn't consider and reporting back.

I can understand the concerns about the lack-of colors for the new icons; I don't mind the minimalism, myself, so I'm happy we were given the option to pick which icons to use. ♥

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:04 pm

jay wrote:I actually went into the oekaki just now (curiosity) and if you mouse over each option, it shows you the shortcut for it.

Select (M) - Move (V)
Bucket (F) - Gradient (G)
Eyedropper (I)
Pencil (N) - Pen (B)
Eraser (E)
Dodge (O) - Burn (P)

So there is a shortcut for the eraser!
If you go under help > shortcuts, it also lists some extra stuff.

Might I also suggest H for the hand/grab canvas tool?

to add on to your list of shortcuts & give you an answer, spacebar is the grab canvas tool! you have to hold it down as you click & drag.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:52 am

It's not a shortcut but I'd really like a lasso or magic selector button, that's not square, so it's easier to move stuff
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:36 pm

These look great! Thanks Nick.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _cherrycat_ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:55 am

Michael's Fan. wrote:It's not a shortcut but I'd really like a lasso or magic selector button, that's not square, so it's easier to move stuff

I agree!! This would be a lifesaver :>
I need to redo my signature, but here's my commissions: https://cherryc4tcomms.carrd.co/
_cherrycat_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:49 am

Oooh sweet update! Glad we have a choice on which ones to use :D
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 002 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 am

Oh these icons look very classy and I like that. Thank you Anteira!
❴ no pronouns, any // student ❵
trade //
skelebun hoard

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ˚ʚ♡ɞ ©

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Kitsune_ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Woahh :0
_Kitsune_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheetahss » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:45 am

All I'm gonna say is that these keybinds, for the most part do not make an ounce of sense.

Why not make the keybinds more like most other art programs? They tend to just use the first letter of the tool. P going to burn is only confusing, when in any other art program it goes to Pen and Pencil (just press it again to go to pencil and vice verca).

Additionally, if I were an artist who had only used oekaki, then moved on to off oekaki programs such as paint tool sai, of which keybinds are different, I'd be immensely confused when P went to pen, and not burn like I was used to.

If not that, then at least a way for users who do use keybinds to map their own custom ones.

I also think that personally, oekaki has more pressing issues then how the icons look.
    Myself and other users have outlined other issues with oekaki here, if that helps.
cheetahss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:09 am

cheetahss wrote:
    [size=85]All I'm gonna say is that these keybinds, for the most part do not make an ounce of sense.

Why not make the keybinds more like most other art programs? They tend to just use the first letter of the tool. P going to burn is only confusing, when in any other art program it goes to Pen and Pencil (just press it again to go to pencil and vice verca).

Additionally, if I were an artist who had only used oekaki, then moved on to off oekaki programs such as paint tool sai, of which keybinds are different, I'd be immensely confused when P went to pen, and not burn like I was used to.

If not that, then at least a way for users who do use keybinds to map their own custom ones.

Interesting. I recognize the dodge and burn keybinds from Photoshop Elements, which is what I used when I last did digital art seriously over a decade ago. I'm also used to B being the Brush hotkey and N being the Pencil hotkey. (idk what Pen is, I assume it's what I know as Brush)

Maybe Nick is just old school like me :lol: I don't know what the common keybinds are in art programs nowadays
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me