Quite a few questions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Quite a few questions

Postby Candilicious » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 am

Hello, I am sorry for this very long question post, but I'm hoping I can get some answers.

1. Why are there "demands", "overpay"?

I understand that some species are less loved than others, but I can't figure out what "demand" is and why do people want "overpay" for some pets?

2. Why are people over pricing their pets with C$?

I spent a lot of time on the "How Much is this pet worth in C$" thread and it says Cake dogs are 250 C$- 300 C$, yet people are wanting 500 C$ for those pets. I'm just wondering why, is C$ a low demand thing on chickensmoothie?

3. Paperclip Challenge

I have seen users with "I accept paperclip challenge" and/or "I do not accept paperclip challenges" in their trade rules. What is the "paperclip challenge"?

4. Staff positions

I've thought about applying to be a staff member, but I do not know the requirements, is there a page that lets us know what the requirements are? When do staff positions open up? Is there an artist application?

5. Items

I've noticed some items have a high value than others, why is that? I've also posted on the "How much is this item worth?" thread, but seem to never get an answer. I've also noticed tons of other users who haven't been told how much their item is worth. Is this because no one really knows how much items are worth? Or is it because no one actually knows the items values?

6. December 18th & Scam Warning

I just had my first December 18th last year and noticed how warnings were all over about scams, but after December 18th I don't see any warnings about scams. Is there a reason for this? Why are old store pets not re-released?

7. Adopt a Newbie

I applied to get an a newbie adopter a few months ago, when I joined in November, but I haven't received a adopter yet. Is there a reason why newbie adopters are not accepting newbies for help? I understand that adopters might already have a newbie, but this is kinda frustrating for me because I have no clue what I'm doing.

Thank you for your help and sorry if any of this sounded rude or anything. I have a hard time putting my words together in a way that doesn't sound mean/rude/etc.

Candi ❥ Adult ❥ Any Pronouns
Hiya, I'm Candi. I returned after a long time.
I am a writer, artist and coder in my free
time. My user ID is 1025082

About meTradeArt Shop

Sig/pfp art ©
Candilicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quite a few questions

Postby Puffy the Hyena » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:49 am

Hello! So I'm not a staff member and I am by no means an expert at CS, but I thought I'd try to answer the questions I could to the best of my ability!

Candilicious wrote:

2. Why are people over pricing their pets with C$?

I spent a lot of time on the "How Much is this pet worth in C$" thread and it says Cake dogs are 250 C$- 300 C$, yet people are wanting 500 C$ for those pets. I'm just wondering why, is C$ a low demand thing on chickensmoothie?

For a question like this, it's important to remember that the economy in Chicken Smoothie is entirely up to the players. In pet collecting websites like these, the prices and "value" of pets are not regulated by the game staff or website (unless you count rarity tags), but rather by the users that trade the pets with each other. Any pet can have any value as long as somebody is willing to pay it. With "how much is this pet worth forums" users give answers based on what is commonly accepted as the value of a pet, when in reality any individual could ask any price they want (and whether or not you want to pay that price is up to you). What I'm saying is, even if a group of users on this site decides that a cake dog should be worth around 250 C$, you're free to price any pet however you want (no matter how ridiculous it may be). Different players will have different ideas of what makes a pet valuable, and when it comes to trading "fair" it's really up to whether or not both trading parties agree with the trade that is taking place. These rules apply to C$ as well, some people want C$ and some people don't. I'd say generally speaking C$ get traded less than pets but you have to remember that C$ translates to real life currency that people have spent on this website (the only way to get C$ is by spending real money or trading with someone else). Hope what I said makes sense!

Candilicious wrote:

3. Paperclip Challenge

I have seen users with "I accept paperclip challenge" and/or "I do not accept paperclip challenges" in their trade rules. What is the "paperclip challenge"?

The paperclip challenge is the concept of making your way up a trade chain to reach an incredibly high goal by starting with something very small and simple. It's a concept some people have tried in real life, but in the context of chicken smoothie, it means trading a low value pet for a higher value pet over and over until eventually you trade all the way to your goal pet (which is usually extremely valuable). For example, someone may start a "paperclip challenge" by taking a common 2012 horse and saying "I want to paperclip my way up to a UR Tiger". They'll probably start by setting up a trade where they offer their common horse in exchange for an uncommon one. If the trade is accepted, then they'll offer the uncommon pet for one of higher value, etc etc. The paperclip challenge relies solely on the generosity of the other party, or in some eyes, it relies on unfair trades. The paperclip challenge is essentially saying "I'm going to offer you less than what your pet is worth but it's ok because I'm trying a challenge and I want an OMGSR." Some people enjoy it as a fun challenge (especially between friends) and some people see it as a way to beg for rarer pets, hence the reason some people say that they won't participate on their profiles.

Candilicious wrote:

5. Items

I've noticed some items have a high value than others, why is that? I've also posted on the "How much is this item worth?" thread, but seem to never get an answer. I've also noticed tons of other users who haven't been told how much their item is worth. Is this because no one really knows how much items are worth? Or is it because no one actually knows the items values?

A lot of this has to do with what I said in my first answer, though it is a little different. Items are the same as pets, value is determined by the users on the website, however the big difference between the two is that pets have rarity tags and items don't. This makes it a lot more difficult for the average player to determine the value of an item. While someone who is barely invested in the CS economy can determine base pet value by reading "common" "uncommon" etc, items don't have these tags, meaning the only way for you to find out how much an item is worth is by asking other players and searching around on forums. When it comes to you and others not getting answered on the "How much is this item worth?" thread, I'd boil it down to two reasons:
#1: It's slightly more difficult to determine the value of an item.
#2: There simply isn't a large amount of players that trade items in the first place, whether it's because of the reason I mentioned before or because they're simply not interested. Not everyone on the site has an interest in dressing up their pets.

Candilicious wrote:

6. December 18th & Scam Warning

I just had my first December 18th last year and noticed how warnings were all over about scams, but after December 18th I don't see any warnings about scams. Is there a reason for this? Why are old store pets not re-released?

Scams are always a threat, no matter the time of year. December 18th is the only time every year when highly valued pets are freshly released into the economy, so there tends to be a lot more scammers during that time who try to trick people into thinking their pets are less valuable then they actually are, which is why there's ALSO a lot of friendly users who try to warn new players. It doesn't mean you're more likely to get scammed in December, just that there's a bigger risk of loss if you happen to trade away your December 18th pets before they have a chance to grow and display their rarities.

As for the store pets, I can't answer this for certain because I don't work for CS, however I can offer a few theories. The first theory is that staff simply wants the store pets to keep their limited numbers and sense of exclusivity. The second reason, and this is my theory, is that store pets are the only pets on this entire website that are not free. Every monthly adoptable, every event pet, can be earned by going to the adoption center or clicking on banners to get free tokens. Store pets HAVE to be bought with C$, which like I said earlier, costs real money. You will never get a free store pet outside of trading and the pound. For a store pet to exist, it means that at one point, someone has spent real money on this game. If store pets were to be rereleased on December 18th, it would essentially be distributing a "free" version of the pet, which could be seen as unfair by the people who spent real money on those pets. Again, I don't know if this is the exact reason, but it's what would make the most sense to me.

I can't give solid answers for your other questions, but I hope I could be at least a little helpful. Feel free to reply or DM me if you have any questions about my explanations!
Puffy the Hyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:05 pm

Hello! I can answer your other questions.

4. Staff positions

When staff are looking for more people to join the team, we'll post a call for applications to the forums so that everybody can apply.

7. Adopt a Newbie

The Adopt A Newbie thread is run by three users (myself included). We try to update often, but things can get in the way as we are all staff members with other duties, as well as responsibilities in our real lives. Additionally, questions about AAN can be asked on the AAN thread :)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Candilicious » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Sorry, I forgot about this lol

Thank you guys. I appreciate the help. I just thought of another question but I forgot it x_x

About meTradeArt Shop

Sig/pfp art ©
Candilicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Honeybeast wrote:Sorry, I forgot about this lol

Thank you guys. I appreciate the help. I just thought of another question but I forgot it x_x

If you ever have a new question, I suggest creating a new thread, as a thread with lots of posts can make it seem like your question has already been answered.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Candilicious » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:02 pm

I've asked for this thread to be locked. Thanks again

About meTradeArt Shop

Sig/pfp art ©
Candilicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me