Post Glitch?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Post Glitch?

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm

I'm not really sure what to call it, so sorry if the title isn't helpful.
Anyway, ever since rollover tonight, I've had this recurring issue when I try to post things on different threads. It started when I tried to post on a closed species adopt. I attempted to post a reply, but I got the usual "these people have just posted, do you want to edit your post" thing, so I just kept clicking submit until I assumed it posted my reply. But, when I went and tried to find my reply, it wasn't there. I tried again to post and it let me that time.
Then, just now, I was trying to post on the Advent Swap Thread. Again, I got the usual "these people have just posted" thing, so I again clicked submit repeatedly. This time though, when I clicked submit for the second time, it just threw me back out to the front page of the thread, and my post wasn't there. I'm really not sure what's going on. Am I trying to post too quickly or something?

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post Glitch?

Postby 002 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:33 pm

You are trying to post too quickly, it happens presumably to prevent spam but correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Spamming the "submit" button does trigger it.
❴ no pronouns, any // student ❵
trade //
skelebun hoard

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ˚ʚ♡ɞ ©

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Κore wrote:You are trying to post too quickly, it happens presumably to prevent spam but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I guess that would make sense, but why is it only happening to me now? I've had to press submit multiple times like that plenty of times in the past and it never happened to me then. And doesn't it usually tell you if you're posting too fast? Like the "you have posted too recently, you must wait to post again" message, or whatever it says.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 002 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:38 pm

Clock! wrote:
Κore wrote:You are trying to post too quickly, it happens presumably to prevent spam but correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I guess that would make sense, but why is it only happening to me now? I've had to press submit multiple times like that plenty of times in the past and it never happened to me then.

That's interesting, it's possible that when you were spam clicking recently, your ping was lower compared to before, meaning the site may have been processing your clicks faster. If your posts took longer to submit before than they did now, that may explain it
❴ no pronouns, any // student ❵
trade //
skelebun hoard

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ˚ʚ♡ɞ ©

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me