How can I know if someone is COPPA?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How can I know if someone is COPPA?

Postby Somniferum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:46 pm

I've been running an adoption center that's inclusive of COPPA players for a while, in the past I've never had issues with this but today I got an adoption request from someone who used the dropdown menu to send a message with the trade. I require adopters to bump a forum post unless they are COPPA. I was used to seeing the 'this player cannot leave a message' notification and assumed that there was some kind of notification like that even when the dropdown menu messages were used so that's how I identified who was COPPA. But in this case there wasn't anything like that so I ended up rejecting their trade thinking they didn't bump because they just ignored my rules.

I did send them a trade once I realized they were COPPA (they sent another trade as a COPPA entry into my giveaway) but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again, so is there a way to know who's COPPA?

Somni ☆ He/Him ☆ Adult ☆ Chaotic Sleepy
Father of 1 velvet spider, 250+ widow spiders, 6 snakes, 4 hissing roaches, 2 cats, 2 dogs, & 1 gecko
I'm neurodiverse & multiply disabled so please be patient with me, I may be slow to reply at times

Trade with meGet Free Pets
See my showcase!
Somniferum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How can I know if someone is COPPA?

Postby another eternity » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:12 pm

im fairly sure when you click on their profile, it should say? like in the dropdown menu where it says 'groups', it'll say coppa and/or registered user iirc
hiii, im not around all the time,
but i try to hop on for monthly drops and events.
im chronically ill, so i may not seem all there, but i dont bite! hard.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

another eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How can I know if someone is COPPA?

Postby axelandria » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:04 am

another eternity is correct! In the "groups" dropdown menu on their profile, it should say "Registered COPPA Users".

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist