What are "nons"

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What are "nons"

Postby nadiaa » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:09 pm

I see pets valued at for example ".5-.25 nons" and I honestly have no clue what that means haha tia
nadiaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What are "nons"

Postby hypnowave » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 pm

cs general helper Lennie responded to a similar question a couple months ago, i'll go ahead and quote their response below :>
Lennie wrote:
    Hiya! I'm going to quote one of my previous responses to this question:
    A majority of the trading terms commonly used on the site now are from the discontinued rarity list.
    A "non" serves as a baseline value in trading (along with the terms sorb/sorbet & MA/mid-advent)
    ✧ The term non comes from four particular dogs from July 2008 - the non-swirl, the non-jewel, the non-coon, and the non-tag
    ✧ The term sorbet/sorb comes from this litter from July 2008 [the four outcomes are pink, yellow, green, and blue]
    ✧ The term mid-advent comes directly from the discontinued rarity list. While the list is no longer considered a primary pet value resource (as it is outdated and there were contentions about the accuracy of pet placement in the list), the term is still utilized for the category of pets once included in/around the tier 7 category* of the list in terms of general value
    [It is worth clarifying here that MA value pets are not limited to just the pets in this tier category - this is just to highlight where the name originates from / *If you have seen people refer to a pet as a t# advent, the acronym comes from this tier system]

A general guide commonly seen in pet worth threads now breaks the terms down as:
    1 non = 2 sorbs = 10-12 mid-advents (MAs) = 100-150 '09 rares
    1 sorb = 0.5 nons = 5-6 MAs
    1 MA = 7-8 '09 rares

Loelya breaks down the terms non and sorb in the Demand Data Cloud thread with some of the history behind the pet values which I would recommend reading if you want some more information ^^
    demand data cloud - "value of a 'non'/value of a 'sorb'"

There are also breakdowns of these terms in Horror's Condensed CS Rarity List, which cites slightly adjusted numbers from the ones I shared above - it is worth noting that these values are fluid and may shift over time! c:
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me