Archives + Species

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Archives + Species

Postby SvarletBatfire » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Helloo! First off I want to apologize for rambling in advance. I tend to explain things in too much detail (the writer in me says sorry). :? I marked the paragraphs with my questions in them with a question mark face. ( :?: ) Feel free to skip ahead if you are not a patient person.

I have a few questions about the archives. I was going through them mostly because I want to add everything to my wishlist. :roll: However, I then decided to use it to organize my own collection by species! I have been going in order of species and noticed a lot of species' are grouped together.

For example, under the 2021 'Chameleon' species filter and under the 2021 'Dwarf Hamster' species filter, seeing under this years Halloween event pets, there are the new frog THEMED pets. Me being new on the site I was super confused at first. I asked myself if they were both chameleons or both dwarf hamsters (seeing as there is no 'Frog' species filter).

Another example, I was looking at the 2021 'Bunny' species filter and noticed that under 'St. Patrick's Day' they also showed non-bunny species simply because they are grouped together (with a cat, fox, and rat). It wasn't until I saw the bunnies species section that I finally noticed and realized the grouping together. That helped me determine separation between the hamsters and the chameleons for 2021 Halloween.

This doesn't bother me TOO much, I am sure the site has its reasons and such for grouping different species together despite them not filtering into correct groups. If not then question #1, will this be fixed? :?:

My main question though is for pets currently up for adopt in the 'Special Events' section. I wanted to organize them correctly so I looked for them in the archive. The 'Special Events' section in the adopt area says they are Red Panda's in the description. However, I know they the taller one is a Fennec Fox and the "Red Panda" is just the THEME due to a special day. The archive confirmed this when I checked the 'Fennec Fox' species filter and looked under September 2021.

However, the second curled up 'Red Panda' is grouped with it. The second Red Panda looks more accurately like a Red Panda and it looks nothing like the Fennec Fox kits (babies). There is no 'Red Panda' species filter in the archives so I don't believe it really IS a Red Panda. I haven't found it in any other species filters yet so I am assuming they are referring to the second Red Panda as a Fennec Fox as well? I would like to get the species correct in terms of the species itself and not the theme. So if anyone knows the second Red Panda's real identity species then I would love to know to correctly organize it. :?: If know one knows the actual species or it really is a Red Panda like I think then since it doesn't have its own species filter yet in archives, I will simply keep it ungrouped for now.
SvarletBatfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Archives + Species

Postby SvarletBatfire » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Sorry I am going to add to this.

What Is this species as well:
I can find it in 2021 Easter archives but there are so many other species grouped with it that it is hard to distinguish what is what.. Honestly I may have future similar questions due to the grouping together confusion.
SvarletBatfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:23 pm

The Red Panda PPS from this year is actually based on the PPS Cat lineart ^^

The pet immediately above is an edited Butterfly Wolf~

Pets in the archive are grouped by litter of release - this means that if a litter or adoption box releases four different outcomes of four different species, all of the outcomes will show up as a litter result for all of the species included ^^
    A good example of this is from the CS Birthday 2021 litter, where all 7 outcomes released from the same adoption box were of different species. Filtering by the rat outcome specifically will still show the other 6 outcomes.
    Pet themes are not taken into consideration for organization in the archive, as the sorting is based on the species lineart used, regardless of how heavily edited the lineart is.

The sorting is unlikely to be changed, as separating the litters by outcome linearts may ultimately cause further confusion when trying to track down what pets released when and with what other littermates. c:
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SvarletBatfire » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:36 pm

Lennie wrote:
    The Red Panda PPS from this year is actually based on the PPS Cat lineart ^^

The pet immediately above is an edited Butterfly Wolf~

Thank you so much for all of this!! This really helped! And yeahh I figured it may never change haha. I will just to ask when needed. I am still new so I don't know all the linearts and edits very well.
SvarletBatfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me