can CS staff block you?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

can CS staff block you?

Postby sweathie » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 pm

stupid question. i need to know. it's burning a hole in my brain. are chicken smoothie staff allowed to block people?

that's all
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: can CS staff block you?

Postby Shinryu » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:37 pm

sweathie wrote:
stupid question. i need to know. it's burning a hole in my brain. are chicken smoothie staff allowed to block people?

that's all

It's possible for staff to block people, yes.
Members who need help from the staff team are encouraged to use our ticket system and the report function, which is accessible to anyone in each staff group it concerns - so it's never been deemed necessary to stop someone from having a block list if they feel they'd rather not personally interact with a user, as they can still handle tickets or reports related to them either way if necessary.

That said, if you ever run into not being able to message a staff member, they may also simply have their messages restricted - like the admins, for example. As said, it's usually preferred if members use the help system for inquiries, so that they're not dependent on one specific staff member reading their message. (If it comforts people to hear - from my experience it's pretty rare for any of us to feel the need to block someone. Every time the topic came up we've strongly agreed that we don't like blocking anyone unless there's a very good reason for it.)

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: can CS staff block you?

Postby sweathie » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:34 am

ZΕL wrote:
sweathie wrote:

that's all

It's possible for staff to block people, yes.
Members who need help from the staff team are encouraged to use our ticket system and the report function, which is accessible to anyone in each staff group it concerns - so it's never been deemed necessary to stop someone from having a block list if they feel they'd rather not personally interact with a user, as they can still handle tickets or reports related to them either way if necessary.

That said, if you ever run into not being able to message a staff member, they may also simply have their messages restricted - like the admins, for example. As said, it's usually preferred if members use the help system for inquiries, so that they're not dependent on one specific staff member reading their message. (If it comforts people to hear - from my experience it's pretty rare for any of us to feel the need to block someone. Every time the topic came up we've strongly agreed that we don't like blocking anyone unless there's a very good reason for it.)

thanks for the answer! i'm not asking for any specific reason (as in, i'm not having an issue with a staff member LOL), was just wondering if it was available for cs staff to do because you guys have to interact with users so much. thanks again! :)
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery