Decorations not able to be seen?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Decorations not able to be seen?

Postby Orrik-Zynn » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:52 am

I just added some items to my newest pet but they aren't visible? I've heard something about this before back when I first joined this site but I haven't been on for years...needless to say I've forgotten. Basically, I can see some of the items but others aren't showing up after I save and exit the add items menu...no, I'm not layering it so I can't see it...in the add items menu everything is perfectly visible but I save and exit and some of the items are no longer visible. Can somebody tell me what's happening and how to fix it? :what:
───(Live your life)

────────────────────────────────────

.•♫•♬• deмιвoy ~ нe/нιм ~ jυne 22 ♋ cancer ~ oтaĸυ ~ gaмer ~ мeтal нead ~ ѕeмι-вad aттιтυde ~ perpeтυally lazy ~ jυnĸ ғood jυnĸιe ~ •♬•♫•.

─────(🌈)
Orrik-Zynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Decorations not able to be seen?

Postby Tailish » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am

Don't worry, your items probably aren't gone! New items usually just take a little bit to show up when you first save them on a dress up, this is normal and nothing to worry about. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Usually browsers try to save time and bandwidth by saving images that they have to load a lot, like pet images, and updating them only every once in a while instead of every time they are loaded. Your items should show up in a little bit once your browser catches up with the change. Alternatively, you can try clearing the cache to force your browser to show you the new image right now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
███████████████████████████░█

█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
▪─────────────
trade auction link
─────────────▪
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
x

Hi, I'm Tailish! I love
reading, horse
riding, and also space.
pms open for dec. 18
pm me for pet help

pfp img
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
─────────────▪
BLM EU credit
▪─────────────
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

███████████████████████████░█
Tailish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Decorations not able to be seen?

Postby axelandria » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:58 am

Hi!

Sometimes when you update a pet's items and go to look at it again, your device will show the old image instead of the newly updated one.

It will eventually update on its own, but you can force it to reload the new items by refreshing your tab by clicking the appropriate button in your browser or pressing F5 on your computer's keyboard (or cmd + f5 if you're on a mac).

Usually that works. If you find that it doesn't then you may need to do a hard refresh (CTRL and F5 at once) or clear your computer's cache (you can look up how to do that for your specific browser if you're unsure).

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist