how is this 2009 pet's ID so high?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

how is this 2009 pet's ID so high?

Postby PUPPYBIUS » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:12 pm

sorry if this is the wrong topic but i was seeing what was in the pound today and i saw this

now, i know it's not unusual to see older pets placed further up when it comes to rereleases and such, but grumples here is a true date 2009 pet mixed in with the 2016 pets. the placement is based on the pet's ID, which fits (i checked), but why is the pet's ID so high--put right between two 2016 pets--if it's a 2009 pet and not a rerelease? what happened here?

i also noticed that if i changed the pet's ID in the URL bar by a few numbers, those other pets were also 2009-ish pets with large IDs. where did they come from if they're true date? their age is also very high, so how can they be as old as they are (almost 12 years) if they supposedly came to be in 2016?
logging out for the final time, farewell everyone
PUPPYBIUS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: how is this old pet's ID so high?

Postby Lennie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Hiya! ^^
    Aurora Storm actually happened to answer this question earlier, so I'm going to quote her response here:
Aurora Storm wrote:
    Sometimes pets need to be recreated by admins for one reason or another, and since every pet has it's own unique ID the recreated pet has exactly the same adoption date and time, but needs a new ID generated for it. And since pets are sorted in groups by their ID and not dates, the recreated pets will sit with more recently adopted pets with newer IDs.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist