Security Issues?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Security Issues?

Postby Lullamoon » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Nick wrote:Lullamoon, which operating system version are your phones running? It can usually be found somewhere in the settings.

I will admit upfront this phone and system are stupidly ancient, I wasn't surprised the site broke for me as I figured all things would eventually 💀
I have an IPhone 6s on I think iOS 10? It didn't get updated for literal years and will definitely turn into a pocket bomb if I do so I'm holding out for a new device very soon haha!
It is still odd to me that this problem seems to be on multiple different devices, systems, and search engines though. Like I said, I fully expected something to happen eventually to my grandpa phone but seeing it's also on new devices/systems is surprising.
Lullamoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:56 pm

SupernaturalJem wrote:I can see the pets images on my iPhone and so far no security issue. However (and this isn’t a big deal), the Halloween background is not appearing. It may be because my phone’s browser was still logged into the site, so it may change when I have to log back in next time.

On the Mobile layout we only support the green background. If you hit the "full site" link in the footer you should get the Halloween theme, but the site will no longer be formatted to fit the phone nicely.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:58 pm

Lullamoon wrote:I have an IPhone 6s on I think iOS 10? It didn't get updated for literal years and will definitely turn into a pocket bomb if I do so I'm holding out for a new device very soon haha!

Can you double check that version number? iOS 10 should be working, but iOS 9 won't.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:11 pm

Nick wrote:That's even weirder because that site should be using the same certificate as us. If you quit Chrome and reopen it, does Chicken Smoothie magically start working?

I'm thinking this may be a problem where if you still had the browser open before the certificate expired, it didn't try to load the new certificate, so it got stuck on the error.

=> Nope, close and restart the Browser (PM26 for me) loads one Page from Cache, which works, the first Click throws the Certificate Error, and after Bypass/Exception Added, same Pb... (=> Images in 'Trades' / 'Pound' / 'Lost and Found' / 'Archive' not displayed and "translated" to "Pet" or "Item" (in text)...
And some Sites allow to add an Exception ('CS' + 'ELD'), others don't...

>>>

Nick wrote:Is your system time set correctly?

Yep, mine is, and I don't think 20 People having the same Pb would all have their System Time not set correctly... :/

Pb for me started at 16h00 UTC+1 (Amsterdam/Berlin/etc...), possibly related to this I thought:
- Millions of smart devices could stop working from September 30

>>>

Nick wrote:One webpage suggests that loading the site in Internet Explorer will trigger Windows to fix this problem, can you give that a go for me?

I gave IE11 a Try, the Site ('CS') simply works directly very correctly in that Browser, no Pb at all, (well, apart from some stupid Ads thrown in the Page, ah-ah...!, just below the "My account / Trades / etc" Navig Bar... :shock: ), and no Update was triggered when I launched IE. 8-)
(IE11, v21H1 #19043.1237 from Win10_Pro_x64 v21H1 with the Septb 2021 Win Update(s)).)

>>>

+ Previous Post of mine in this Thread where I gave more Info...:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4628071&start=10#p135972735
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Please update to the newest version of Pale Moon, I don't think PM26 supports Lets Encrypt any more.

I tried PM29 and it works fine
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:26 pm

Nick wrote:Please update to the newest version of Pale Moon, I don't think PM26 supports Lets Encrypt any more.

I tried PM29 and it works fine

Yeah I know, but nope, I "deliberately" use (and keep using) PM26 for some FF Add-ons I "rely on"... (for some other Site which didn't get the Pb...).

When some Site(s) stop(s) working in that Browser, I have other Browsers installed I can switch to...

But 'CS' was working just fine in that Browser about 12h ago and suddenly not anymore (+ other Sites), but from the 20 Players who posted in the Thread and are having the same Pb, with all kinds of Browsers, I'm more or less the only one who mentioned which Version(s) I'm using..., and probably the only one using PM also...

And I already mentioned the Site was (still) working fine in FF55, so I already have my "Workaround"... (and I had to switch to that Browser indeed to be able to adopt the Octb 2021 Monthly Pets...).

Oh..., but OK, Thanks for the Info about "Lets Encrypt", yep-yep-yep, that's a "good one"... :ugeek:
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Yup, since Firefox v50 added support for the new LetsEncrypt certificate that is needed to keep working after today. PM26 predates Firefox v50 so it won't support these websites going forwards. PM28 and newer is based on Firefox 52 which will work fine.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Nick wrote:Yup, since Firefox v50 added support for the new LetsEncrypt certificate that is needed to keep working after today. PM26 predates Firefox v50 so it won't support these websites going forwards. PM28 and newer is based on Firefox 52 which will work fine.

Yep indeed, I added an EDIT to my previous Post, but you had already replied...:
Oh..., but OK, Thanks for the Info about "Lets Encrypt", yep-yep-yep, that's a "good one"... :ugeek:

=> OK, Thanks then...

But hum, still "strange" that after adding an Exception for the Site, most of its Func still works except Images on the 'Trades' / 'Pound' / 'Lost and Found' / 'Archive' ('Pets' + 'Items') Pages that get first displayed correctly and then one by one at about 5 Images per Sec "disappear" slowly, ah-ah...!, to get replaced by "Pet" or "Item" (in Text)...
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:55 pm

This is because these images are hosted on different subdomains (e.g. static.chickensmoothie.com), so your exception for www.chickensmoothie.com doesn't apply to them. In theory you can add an exception for these domains by opening one of those images in a new tab, but it sounds like that doesn't work reliably.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:21 pm

Nick wrote:This is because these images are hosted on different subdomains (e.g. static.chickensmoothie.com), so your exception for http://www.chickensmoothie.com doesn't apply to them. In theory you can add an exception for these domains by opening one of those images in a new tab, but it sounds like that doesn't work reliably.

Oh...!, yep-yep, excellent...! :D
=> Adding an Exception for "static.chickensmoothie.com" works indeed, => for 'Trades' + 'Archives' already, I can't check for 'Pound' + 'Lost and Found' until they open, but it already works for those Pages...
(Yep, worked also for the 'Lost and Found' Page... :D )

And hum, glad it works "now", because I had already tried it 12h ago with my "other" Site I had mentioned in my first Post in the Thread, but it didn't change anything..., then hum, I'll have to check "a bit deeper again", then...
(But nope, => no Change... :( )

=> Any Idea why this "Method" doesn't work on "https://dragcave.net/" for example...?
('CS' and 'ELD' do offer an Option already to "Add an Exception (I understand the Risks, etc...)", but 'dragcave' not..., and adding an Exception "manually" doesn't change anything... :? )

>>>

For other Users interested: :idea:
=> For 'Pale Moon' (PM26) + 'Firefox' (FF55):

'Tools' => 'Options' => 'Advanced' => 'Certificates' => 'View Certificates' => 'Server' => 'Add Exception' => "https://static.chickensmoothie.com" => 'Get Certificate' => "Not valid etc... OK - OK" => + Check on the "Permanently store this exception" => 'Confirm Security Exception'. :thumbup:

Hum..., and in "about:config", => might need to have 'security.disable_button.openCertManager' set to "false"... :idea:
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me