Security Issues?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Security Issues?

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:58 am

Is your system time set correctly?
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Nick wrote:Is your system time set correctly?

I have it set to show daylight savings time. Not sure if that is what your referring to. Also the link did not open on chrome.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:12 pm

One webpage suggests that loading the site in Internet Explorer will trigger Windows to fix this problem, can you give that a go for me?
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:19 pm

On my I-pad (safari), it keeps saying cannot verify secure server. The pet images won't load even when I click on them and open them in a new tab. They just appear as a tiny blank square. My iPad is old because it was used when I got it. It had a password for the downloadable content (Apple ID) from the previous user. My mother bought the iPad from her work (a few years back) because they upgraded to using new laptops for the employees. The tech guy there couldn't get ahold of the former employee to find out the password... and Apple would not override it. So, I can't update the browser. Hopefully this site's images will work on my phone.
Last edited by SupernaturalJem on Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:20 pm

Nick wrote:One webpage suggests that loading the site in Internet Explorer will trigger Windows to fix this problem, can you give that a go for me?

It's doesn't work for Microsoft edge which is the newest internet explorer, it gives this message - which internet explorer should I try?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... lorer.aspx

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
Details
The website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:23 pm

I mean use the app called "Internet Explorer", not Edge, it ought to already be installed (definitely don't bother installing it if you don't already have it)
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lullamoon » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Hi! Same exact persisting problem here!
I honestly thought my phones system had finally just busted or got a virus. Nothing seems to be fixing it. I can't see any new pets or images. I can only see things that had loaded previously to getting the pop up that the site "wasn't safe" somehow. The Pound, every new monthly pet, new store pets, and the images on the Oct 1st announcement are all blank boxes. Even if I open the image in a new tab it's just a blank tab. However, I can still see a majority of my old pets that I haven't just gotten today (pre pop up block) for now at least.
I attempted going on private view, it let me access the site without having to fight the pop up or the rapidity flashing loading bar, but everything is still blank. While scrolling to read this thread, I accidentally flicked onto LLHBBB's Eldermore link and it immediately slapped me with the same scary site pop up.

I don't have the slightest clue what's going on but I hope we're able to target this problem soon!!
Lullamoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Nick wrote:I mean use the app called "Internet Explorer", not Edge, it ought to already be installed (definitely don't bother installing it if you don't already have it)

this laptop came with microsoft edge instead of internet explorer. the icon looks almost the same so I think it's their newer version. It's what my daughter uses & she's not having any issues at all. It's got to be something on this laptop.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:30 pm

Lullamoon, which operating system version are your phones running? It can usually be found somewhere in the settings.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 pm

SupernaturalJem wrote:On my I-pad (safari), it keeps saying cannot verify secure server. The pet images won't load even when I click on them and open them in a new tab. They just appear as a tiny blank square. My iPad is old because it was used when I got it. It had a password for the downloadable content (Apple ID) from the previous user. My mother bought the iPad from her work (a few years back) because they upgraded to using new laptops for the employees. The tech guy there couldn't get ahold of the former employee to find out the password... and Apple would not override it. So, I can't update the browser. :sigh: just another reason I might have to get a new tablet around Christmas time if there are any good sales lol.

Hopefully this site's images will work on my phone.

I can see the pets images on my iPhone and so far no security issue. However (and this isn’t a big deal), the Halloween background is not appearing. It may be because my phone’s browser was still logged into the site, so it may change when I have to log back in next time.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me