Security Issues?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Security Issues?

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:43 am

Same Pb here, like @OP and everybody in the Thread, on 'CS' + some "other" Site (that I don't want to name), and both Sites are based on phpBB v3.x.

And I can also reproduce on 'Dragon Cave' indeed, but 'dragcave' doesn't seem to be based on phpBB... :?

'CS' allowed me to "Add a Certificate Exception" as the only Site, the 2 other ones not, and after adding an Exception for 'CS', I can use the Site a bit (and post here), but like @OP, Images are not working "very" well, for the 'Pound'/'Lost and Found' and for the Archive(s), both for Pets and Items.
=> The first time I load such a Page, "some" Images are still loaded/visible, but if I reload/refresh the same Pages, all Images disappear one by one and get replaced by "Pet" or "Item" in Text.

EDIT_1: Also same Pb with 'ELD' ('Eldemore'), but 'ELD' like 'CS' allowed me to add an Exception...

EDIT_2: Same Pb also in Trades, about Images, I only see "Pet" (in Text) for all Pets, ah-ah...! Not very handy, ah-ah...! :shock: :P

>>>

Browser I'm using is 'Pale Moon' (v26.3.3), on Win10_Pro_x64 (v21H1).

Everything (all 3 Sites) works fine on the other hand in Firefox (v55.0.3), same OS.
(I also have 'Chrome' (v76), 'Edge' (v44, I think, not 'ChEdge'), and FF (v92, I think?, Latest), but I didn't check in those...)
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:12 am

I have windows 10 home

my laptop is only 2 years old. I went on my old laptop which is over 8 years old & that one works fine but just very slow.

I'm using google chrome on both devices so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

I did down load Firefox and it seems to be working.
Last edited by LLHBBB on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriskTheHusky » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 am

Well that explains a lot.
FriskTheHusky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:24 am

LLHBBB that's really strange, Windows 10 should be working fine...
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:28 am

Nick wrote:LLHBBB that's really strange, Windows 10 should be working fine...

That's why I was surprised when you said older systems because my lap top isn't very old. Not sure why it's acting up under google chrome on this device but not my older laptop or my daughters desk top which is even newer,

I prefer google chrome but will use Firefox for now because I need to be able to see pets & items especially with the new releases in 30 mins.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:39 am

LLHBBB, are you able to load this page in Chrome/Edge?

https://valid-isrgrootx1.letsencrypt.org/
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:46 am

Nick wrote:LLHBBB, are you able to load this page in Chrome/Edge?

it pulls up for me with no issues
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachy! » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:51 am

I'm currently on Mac OSX 10.10.15, Chrome v. 87.0.4280.88. (I'm sorry if that's too jumbled to read, I'm not experienced with computers or things of this nature.)

So far it has given me the warning on Chrome and Safari. I'm having issues with images loading on both platforms at the moment, but am about to download Firefox. If the issue persists, i'll leave an update.

edit: Firefox doesn't support my OS, so I've switched to my Windows Laptop. Everything seems to be working fine here.
Last edited by peachy! on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
✧ peachy!⎟they/them⎟spoonie
——————————————————
hihi! i'm peachy! i'm always looking
to trade and sell my pets for c$ and
wermz/wermz items! (tent w items)

i collect pink, fruit, and food pets!

i have brain fog and multitask a lot,
so if our trade is left for 24 hours or
more, please give me a polite poke!
——————————————————
trade thread // the crater // fr profile
peachy!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:56 am

LLHBBB wrote:

That's even weirder because that site should be using the same certificate as us. If you quit Chrome and reopen it, does Chicken Smoothie magically start working?

I'm thinking this may be a problem where if you still had the browser open before the certificate expired, it didn't try to load the new certificate, so it got stuck on the error.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:58 am

Nick wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:

That's even weirder because that site should be using the same certificate as us. If you quit Chrome and reopen it, does Chicken Smoothie magically start working?

I re-booted twice & both times I had to bypass the security to even let me get on the site. I just realized I opened it on Firefox I'll try it again on chrome....ooops
Last edited by LLHBBB on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me