Security Issues?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Security Issues?

Postby Lullamoon » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Nick wrote:Can you double check that version number? iOS 10 should be working, but iOS 9 won't.

Yep! 10.0.1
Things are still not working unfortunately. At first it was only affecting my recent adopts, but now it seems to have spread to all of my pets and now items. Pets simply display a date, name, and rarity bar under a transparent box with "Pet" in the top left corner, same for items only they display the items specific name. Oddly can still see all pet images on the announcements except for the October 1st one.
My 7th gen IPad that's on iOS 13.5.1 runs everything just fine thankfully! I'll have to check my laptop when it charges back up and see what it says.
Lullamoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Lullamoon wrote:Yep! 10.0.1

Can you check the version of the "Trust Store" for me?

Go to iPhone Settings > General > About, and scroll down to the bottom of the list to see the Trust Store version. 2016102100 is the latest I think, and should be working..
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:03 am

LLHBBB wrote:
Nick wrote:I mean use the app called "Internet Explorer", not Edge, it ought to already be installed (definitely don't bother installing it if you don't already have it)

this laptop came with microsoft edge instead of internet explorer. the icon looks almost the same so I think it's their newer version. It's what my daughter uses & she's not having any issues at all. It's got to be something on this laptop.

I updated my computer to the latest version of Windows 10 Home 21H1 from 2004 & it didn't not help I'm still not able to see items or pets while on chrome or microsoft edge. I can when on fire fox but it is slower loading.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lullamoon » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:42 am

Nick wrote:Can you check the version of the "Trust Store" for me?

Mine is saying 2016060200
I haven't changed anything, but I'm able to see all of my old pets and items again. Still unable to see the pet I got from the pound yesterday and any newly added pets/items.
Lullamoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupernaturalJem » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:48 pm

Nick wrote:
SupernaturalJem wrote:I can see the pets images on my iPhone and so far no security issue. However (and this isn’t a big deal), the Halloween background is not appearing. It may be because my phone’s browser was still logged into the site, so it may change when I have to log back in next time.

On the Mobile layout we only support the green background. If you hit the "full site" link in the footer you should get the Halloween theme, but the site will no longer be formatted to fit the phone nicely.

I have it set on full version of the site on my phone (not the mobile version). I still don’t see the Halloween background though. It’s still on the space one (which is the one I had it set to previously). Like I said, it’s not a big deal, it’s just odd that it didn’t change like it did last year lol.
My clickable adopts All on my LJ rather than putting all in my sig.

Please do NOT send trades for my event tokens. I rarely trade tokens before I get all of the event items/pets that I want. When my tokens are for trade, I will put that in my trade posts on the trade threads. Thank you.
SupernaturalJem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RandomSia » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:58 am

Hey all!
I found a solution for at least some mac users (being one myself). If you have a 2009 or newer Mac you can still upgrade (for free) to OS 10.13 High Sierra. Some 2010s can upgrade to OS 10.14 Mojave. 2012s and newer can upgrade to 10.15 Catalina.
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:12 am

We've now switched to a different SSL provider that has better compatibility with older devices, please let me know if you continue to have issues.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:42 am

Nick wrote:We've now switched to a different SSL provider that has better compatibility with older devices, please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Oh...!, yep indeed, all Pages seem to work correctly for me (on PM26 + Win10_x64_#21H1) with the 'K Software' Certificate, => 'Trades' + 'Archive' ('Pets' + 'Items'), and I guess 'Pound' and 'Lost and Found' also, I adopted an Item from the 'Lost and Found' a few hours ago, (before seeing your Post @Nick), and it was working "normally"... :D

>>>

'wiki.chickensmoothis.com' is still on 'Let's Encrypt', I had to add an Exception "yesterday" (still before your Post), but I was able to add it "directly" from the "Untrusted Connection" Page, I didn't have to go through the "manual" Exception Process like I had done with "static.chickensmoothie.com"...

And on 'wiki' Pages, some Pix now seem to be "scrambled"/distorted like on this Page for example (x2):
https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Animal_Egg_Guide#2012 (=> for 2012 + 2014)
(But I reckon it's a different Issue...)
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:42 pm

Hum, about my previous Post, I guess my 3 Tests were not very "conclusive" as Certificate Exclusions are made/defined in the Browser at the URL-Level, => before reaching the Site, or maybe after but they will still be applied even if the Cert-Provider is different than the one the Exception was provided for... (if there is any Check on that ueberhaupt...!).

=> I deleted those 3 Exceptions, (=> for "[www/static/wiki].chickensmoothie.com"), and for both [www/static], it just worked "directly", all Pages (the Site itself first, + 'Trades'/'Archive'/''Pound') all work "normally", (=> I currently don't have any Exception for those 2)... :D

Only for 'wiki' Pages I had to recreate the Exception (which I did "manually" this time (by re-importing it), I had exported all 3 Certs before deleting them, ah-ah...! :ugeek: ), + enable it manually also, is apparently needed when importing a Cert, to "trust" it)...

=> Yep-yep then, the 'K Software' Cert seems to "really" make a Difference compared to the 'Let's encrypt' one...! :D

[Using PM26, Win10_Pro_x64_#21H1, with all Septb 2021 WinUpdates.)

>>>

Mini-interesting Bit of Info for Geeks:
Certificates (and Exclusions) for FF/PM (and probably other/all Browsers forked on FF) are defined at the OS/Browser Level, and not per Profile... :idea:

>>>

+ Mini-Qt @Nick (again, I had already asked it before - but it's not "strictly" about CS anymore...):
:?: Do you know what triggers/prevents the "Add an Exception - I understand the Risks" Button on a 'This Connection is Untrusted' Page...? :?:

(I have one Site I use regularly where the "URL" Page only offers the "Get me out of here" Button, there is no "Add an Exception" Button, and even adding it manually doesn't make any Difference, I always get the "This Connection is Untrusted" Page, but if I access that very same Site/URL by its IP Address, then I was allowed to add an Exclusion (from the "Untrusted" Page), OK, that "a Workaround"...! :twisted: , but pfff..., not very practical..., it's a Tech Forum (where I'm Mod and Tech Helper), I now have to convert all URL's each time I want to post, from the IP to the "Standard"/expected Domain Name... :oops: )

=> So I would be pretty interested if you had some "Explanation", ... and very Thankful of course...!, as you've "proven" many times, to be very-very Technical and very "widely" Knowledgeable...! ;) :ugeek:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Thanks, I've updated the Wiki to use the new cert now too
Nick