Is there a way to be an editor for the wiki?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Is there a way to be an editor for the wiki?

Postby Farron Rossier » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:49 pm

I rejoined recently, and I've been looking on the wiki for a number of things, and I realized it's... a good bit out of date. I'd really like to update it, add new pages, just make it overall more maneuverable, but I'm not sure how to go about that exactly.

Would I need a role or need to be staff to do that?
Is there a way to apply if that's what's needed?

I'd love to help out since I have a lot of time on my hands. Thanks for any help.
I'd appreciate any clicks on the babus <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
Farron Rossier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is there a way to be an editor for the wiki?

Postby Farron Rossier » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 am

Bump?
Farron Rossier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Farron Rossier » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:26 am

Bump?
Farron Rossier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thekraken » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:38 am

AFAIK there is no "official" offsite CS Wiki. The ones you're probably accessing are (or were) ran by regular CS users hence why they're out of date (:

You'd need to find out which user owns the wiki you're using and ask them if they'd grant you the editor privileges if they're still active on CS. In general though I advise using the CS Discord (I can send you can invite link if you don't have one) or the CS forums for your references rather than the wikis due to how fast things like rarities and demand can change.

▌RELEASE THE KRAKEN▐

〙she/her/hers
〙adult
〙avid DnD player
〙horror enthusiast
〙digital artist
〙rat collector
thekraken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:27 pm

thekraken wrote:AFAIK there is no "official" offsite CS Wiki. The ones you're probably accessing are (or were) ran by regular CS users hence why they're out of date (:

You'd need to find out which user owns the wiki you're using and ask them if they'd grant you the editor privileges if they're still active on CS. In general though I advise using the CS Discord (I can send you can invite link if you don't have one) or the CS forums for your references rather than the wikis due to how fast things like rarities and demand can change.

Our Wiki can be found under the Help tab:
https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Main_Page

Wiki contributors were originally added because they created/maintained the guides that are now hosted there, or they volunteered to help out. I am a Wiki contributor myself, and your post got me to take a good look at the Wiki for the first time in a fair bit. I'm personally working on updating some pages and other contributors are doing the same.

I agree that the Wiki can be a bit hard to maneuver once you've left the front page. If you have any specific suggestions on how to make things more user-friendly I'd love to hear them!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Farron Rossier » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:48 am

Seasonal wrote:Our Wiki can be found under the Help tab:
https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Main_Page

Wiki contributors were originally added because they created/maintained the guides that are now hosted there, or they volunteered to help out. I am a Wiki contributor myself, and your post got me to take a good look at the Wiki for the first time in a fair bit. I'm personally working on updating some pages and other contributors are doing the same.

I agree that the Wiki can be a bit hard to maneuver once you've left the front page. If you have any specific suggestions on how to make things more user-friendly I'd love to hear them!

Mostly, I was thinking of updating pages that have lagged behind. The things that caught my attention most were 2nd and 3rd gen families not being up-to-date/incomplete, such as the August 2017 dogs not having parents listed, and the June 2018 puppies still being listed as growing.

I was also thinking of having some sort of database that lists pets by different attributes (such as Floppy Ears, Bob Tails, Curled Tails, etc.), to help users looking for specific things they want.
For example, trying to find a dog with one floppy ear, one erect ear, and three tails would take potentially hours of sifting through the archive to find. Perhaps this is a better idea for the archive than the wiki, I'm not really sure. (Though I assume it's easier to modify the wiki in this way than the archive)

I'd love to learn more about the process of making these things happen so I could maybe help; it's cool and all for me to just say "it would be great if this could be added", but I don't know how much work goes into that sort of thing, or if that work would even be worth the result. I don't really have a way of knowing who else besides me would even use that degree of organization/categorizing.

TL;DR, I would like to help more than just suggesting something, but I'm not really sure how?
Farron Rossier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me