Running horse vs Normal horse?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Running horse vs Normal horse?

Postby Marabella » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:16 pm

Ello!

I was trying to put an all-purpose bridle on a horse, however I realized it did not fit into the running horse base. Each time I look up horse in the archive I can only mainly see running horses, so I’m not sure what the normal horse base is. I’d like to know the difference so I don’t get confused in the future.

Horse I was trying to put the bridle on:
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=307362087

Apologies for confusions.
Marabella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Running horse vs Normal horse?

Postby Lennie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:27 pm

Hiya!
    There are technically three different, consistently used horse linearts on the site (excluding the occasional unicorn/alicorn linearts we have):
    The "running horse" you have described is the "Horse" lineart when you search in the archive:
    Next is the "Pony" lineart, which has a shorter and smaller lineart:
    One of the two larger horse linearts is the "Draft Horse", which is the largest lineart:
    One of three other horse linearts is the infrequently used horse lineart from the retired artist, Malk, which is classified in the archive under "Malk Horse":
    As mentioned earlier, there is also the occasionally used alicorn/unicorn lineart and a Nick horse lineart - though both are distinct in comparison to the horse-pony-draft horse trio c:

When I attempt to put a "bridle" item on a Horse lineart [categorized under Species > Horse OR Horse - Running], I manage the following:
    From what I can gather, there is an overlap between the "Horse" and "Horse - Running" categories in the dress-up, though I'm not personally aware what percentage of an overlap there is ^^
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marabella » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm

That makes more sense, thank you for the reply Lennie!
Marabella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:37 pm

The "Horse - Running" category actually refers to the special lineart we have for the rainbow horses from 2009 (and any 2nd/3rd gen litters from them). Here's an example of what items look like on those lines:

Similarly, there's a "Horse - PPS/Special" category in item dress-ups which refers to this lineart:
    To my knowledge there aren't many items specifically fitted to these PPS lines as there's only a handful of old pets with this design.

The linearts were created when all equine lines were redesigned many years ago. Since the Rainbow Mane litter was considered "special" by the community (and was on the very first original horse lines), a separate lineart was created for them. PPS horses/ponies and zebras were also redesigned ^^
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me