Question about Reference Sheet Category in Oekaki

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Question about Reference Sheet Category in Oekaki

Postby Disgustedorite » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:03 am

Can a flat color edit of an existing drawing in another category be placed in the reference sheets board? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I like knowing before I do something.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Question about Reference Sheet Category in Oekaki

Postby Ari! » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:43 pm

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if you can trace an existing drawing/change an existing drawing to be flat colour and submit it to the reference sheets in Oekaki boards. The only thing that I can image you stopping from doing so is whether or not the original art was yours. If it is, then I don't see a problem with doing so just as long as it sticks roughly along the lines of being a reference (like the other art in the reference sheet board). If it isn't your own original art, you would have to get permission from the original artist, otherwise it would be against the art rules.
Hope this helps (:
Ari!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Disgustedorite » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:23 pm

Ari! wrote:If I understand you correctly, you are asking if you can trace an existing drawing/change an existing drawing to be flat colour and submit it to the reference sheets in Oekaki boards. The only thing that I can image you stopping from doing so is whether or not the original art was yours. If it is, then I don't see a problem with doing so just as long as it sticks roughly along the lines of being a reference (like the other art in the reference sheet board). If it isn't your own original art, you would have to get permission from the original artist, otherwise it would be against the art rules.
Hope this helps (:

I specifically mean like, taking this piece that I made, clicking "color me in", and removing the shading layers and adding design notes. Not tracing.
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ari! » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Disgustedorite wrote:
Ari! wrote:If I understand you correctly, you are asking if you can trace an existing drawing/change an existing drawing to be flat colour and submit it to the reference sheets in Oekaki boards. The only thing that I can image you stopping from doing so is whether or not the original art was yours. If it is, then I don't see a problem with doing so just as long as it sticks roughly along the lines of being a reference (like the other art in the reference sheet board). If it isn't your own original art, you would have to get permission from the original artist, otherwise it would be against the art rules.
Hope this helps (:

I specifically mean like, taking this piece that I made, clicking "color me in", and removing the shading layers and adding design notes. Not tracing.

There should be no problem with that! There's nothing that goes against it in the rules. (:
Ari!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me