Where to place an oekaki-based "evo game"

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Where to place an oekaki-based "evo game"

Postby Disgustedorite » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 am

In some other communities, there is a type of art game called an evo game where contributors make evolutionary descendants of previous species entries. Sagan 4 and Janjira are some notable examples. I noticed that the oekaki's system for editing other people's artwork, showing the art it was originally based on and a gallery of drawings based on itself, could be used perfectly as an ancestor/descendant system in an oekaki-based evo game.

For an oekaki-based evo game to work, both the original post and all "descendants" of that post would need to be editable by either everyone or a list of project members. What would be the best way to set this up, and where would it belong?
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Where to place an oekaki-based "evo game"

Postby coffin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:54 am

im not sure how exactly this would be set up but i think if you want anyone to be able to participate in the chain would fit best in editable user challenges/memes! if you wanted it to be between a specific group of collaborators, it would probably go in collaborations and gift linearts. to keep it going as a chain you would just have to make sure that everybody who adds to it is aware that their addition needs to be editable as well? from beyond the first post it would mostly be on the other participators to post their edits into the proper groups/with the proper permissions

sorry if this wasn't the most informative, but hopefully it helps a little!
it/she/he ⚢ adult
....hi whats up

coffin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me