Re-joining the site-- whats new? Whats changed?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re-joining the site-- whats new? Whats changed?

Postby PrinceStatic » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:44 am

Hi!! I'm picking the site back up after a few years away and I'm just wondering what the state of things are nowadays?

I last played in 2019 so I'm sure I missed a lot, but CS is so much more relaxed than other pet sites and I could really use that rn
Cody
PrinceStatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re-joining the site-- whats new? Whats changed?

Postby Aurora Storm » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi there, welcome back!
    I'd recommend checking out the Site Update Log to catch up on any changes since you were here last ^^
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re-joining the site-- whats new? Whats changed?

Postby Neoncherry64 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Welcome back! Sorry for the long post

The biggest thing that I can think of is the rarity overhaul/discontinuation of the rares list, but I believe that may have been late 2018 to early 2019 so you probably were there for that. There have been a couple list replacements, most notably the one created by the user Horror (it has a bee emoji in the name so it’s easy to find) which places pets on a scale of what month they turned VR/OMGSR and it’s been kind of eye opening for a lot of people to see just how rare some low-demand pets are. But trading is still ruled by demand values, and many market prices of valuable pets have changed since a couple years ago, so I’d use the “how much is this pet worth” thread before trading anything super valuable. There is also kind of a c$ inflation problem so c$ values may be different too. People are generally starting to value old store pets higher as well.

Some other changes i can think of include:

1. We had a Fae mischief, carnival, and cave/prehistoric summer event. The cave event is going on now!

2. Limited time item sets are now available every few months to buy with c$ like store pets

3 They re-structured the oekaki categories. I’ve never used it so I’m not very knowledgeable on it, but I know it happened!

4. Dress up items can now be flipped vertically! You can also search for items by name.

5. We celebrated the Eid al Fitr holiday for the first time

6. The archive has a new look, and has check marks on which months you’ve completed

7. There have of course been new artists and staff hired, and some have retired.

8. Macaws can now be a normal monthly adopt

9. There are 4 more OMGSR “UR” pets, a s’more, an avocado, a squid, and a Kirin/Longma horse

10. They changed how pets are distributed during December 18th. There are three boxes, one of which guarantees you a Very Rare pet or higher, one of which guarantees you an old rare, and one that guarantees you a new(er) rare. You can get a UR pet from any box very rarely.

11. This one isn’t as important but there is now a cow lineart (technically a heavily edited pony) that has been used twice, once this past Easter and once this past Chinese New Year!!! They are very cute

(There’s definitely more things I’m missing, I’d check the “announcements” forum if you want to see every big update!)
Neoncherry64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me