Sometimes I feel like I'll never understand how rarity works

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Sometimes I feel like I'll never understand how rarity works

Postby lovesamillionstories » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:45 pm

I've got the basics down of the "three month rule" and also of course the rarity levels already in the site but beyond that I really have no idea. I don't feel like I have any idea how to really trade properly. I don't really know as much about demand as I'd like and I also have no idea what a non is. It feels like there's a lot of terms and things that I didn't know about when I started playing about eight years ago and I never really caught up on them.
lovesamillionstories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sometimes I feel like I'll never understand how rarity w

Postby Neoncherry64 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:52 am

I feel you! Trading on here is very unnecessary complicated. Here is a guide that helped me out immensely, copy and pasted from horror’s rarity guide:

Abbreviations & Terms
UR; "Unreleased"; rare and special pets that can ONLY be obtained from the december 18th box

GWJ; Growing white july

BMD; Bernese mountain dog

BA; Black advent

GSD; German shepard dog

WWA; Winged wood angel

RBM; Rainbow mane

MA;
Mid Advents, refers to pets that are in the middle of the advent list or their worth of 6-9 09 rares

"T7" advents/dogs;
pets that were on tier 7 of the discontinued rares list's advent list, but now most commonly refers to pets from this litter specifically, as these composed the majority of that tier

"Non";
A measurement in trading for pets high on the list, which can mean the worth of;
-2 sorbets
-4 balloon tiers
-around 10-14 MA
-around 80-130 09 rares

Also refers to any of these four pets, the non-dogs; Nontag / Nonswirl / Nonjewel / Noncoon (does not refer to the nonballoon)

"Sorb/Sorbet";
A measurement in trading for pets high on the list, which can mean the worth of;
-0.5 or half of 1 non
-2 balloon tiers
-around 5-7 MA
-around 50-75 09 rares

Also refers to any of these four pets, outcomes of this litter
* Pink outcome is worth a little bit more than the other 3 outcomes

As for demand, You can think of it more like the “market value” of any pet. For instance, the UR Longma is an unreleased pet and similar in rarity to the other UR pets that have come out recently. It trades for about 2-2.5 “nons” regularly. However, the design is more popular and desirable than say, the UR squid, which trades for at or a little less than 1 non. Demand worths make trading pretty crazy, because you always have to check the market price of a pet before trading it, you can’t go off of just rarity alone. (This only really applies to super-high value pets, most pets newer than 2009 do follow the 3 month rule! There are some exceptions like warrior cats, zodiac dogs, and certain others that have super inflated demands as well)
Neoncherry64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sometimes I feel like I'll never understand how rarity w

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:43 am

If you have any site questions, please ask them in our help board: Forum/viewforum.php?f=6

We have a terminology and abbreviations guide here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1341903

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]