ChickenPaint 2 now supports smartphones

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

ChickenPaint 2 now supports smartphones

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:18 pm

I've now updated ChickenPaint 2 to make it usable on smartphones (especially ones that have a pen available for input).

Floating toolbars can now be collapsed by clicking on their headers to get them out of the way, and the tool palette is automatically dismissed after you pick a tool. There's a new grabbing-hand tool in the toolset for panning the canvas (instead of using the scrollbars).

It'll look like this when you first open a drawing:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-14-at-9.14.05-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-07-14-at-9.14.05-PM.png (108.02 KiB) Viewed 7250 times

If it isn't styled like this for you, make sure you have picked ChickenPaint 2 on your Oekaki painting settings page.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ChickenPaint 2 now supports smartphones

Postby GothFairy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:02 pm

I like this a lot, the grab canvas tool is a god send. The only thing that is frustrating is that the tabs keep closing when I press something. :) it would be great if there was an option to disable the tabs automatically closing

img art by FrossetHjerte on toyhouse

Click the rose to visit my toyhouse!

Discord ID:_gothfairy_

GothFairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smoky » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:12 am

Jayeagle wrote:I like this a lot, the grab canvas tool is a god send. The only thing that is frustrating is that the tabs keep closing when I press something. :) it would be great if there was an option to disable the tabs automatically closing

^^^
Smoky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:29 am

Jayeagle wrote:I like this a lot, the grab canvas tool is a god send. The only thing that is frustrating is that the tabs keep closing when I press something. :) it would be great if there was an option to disable the tabs automatically closing

can't help but agree with this ;~;
but man, this update is amazing aside from that lil thing x3
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
Image Image Image

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kev's crimes » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:27 am

YES!! I use a track pad on my pc to draw and the tabs closing is not good
•kevin/kev•
{he/him}
☆chaotic neutral☆
♡drawing/cats/sleep♡
~digital artist~
-best fren/stick bug/th-
kev's crimes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:39 am

I've been having the same issue with the tabs/toolboxes minimizing. Its happening with the tools, strokes, and swatches, but the tools options and the layers boxes seem to be fine. Also, the grabby-hand icon just shows up as "???" for me, (im on computer) Heres what it looks like

The 2nd issue i've found is that when i'm editing a picture i've posted, every time i save the picture it then updates the original post, even if i click "continue editing" instead of the "save and view post." I don't know if this was intentional or just a glitch, but its pretty scary when you're working on artwork and would rather not have the in-progress be posted (in my case i noticed it when i was in the middle of working on a closed species nursery batch growth that isn't supposed to be seen until the babies are officially grown.)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:37 am

Clementine Cloud wrote:The 2nd issue i've found is that when i'm editing a picture i've posted, every time i save the picture it then updates the original post, even if i click "continue editing" instead of the "save and view post." I don't know if this was intentional or just a glitch, but its pretty scary when you're working on artwork and would rather not have the in-progress be posted (in my case i noticed it when i was in the middle of working on a closed species nursery batch growth that isn't supposed to be seen until the babies are officially grown.)

This has always been a feature for anything that's already been posted. I do wish there was a way to just save as a draft rather than updating the post, though v3v

-

I cant wait to test this out on my iPad tonight. I've been having even more issues lately, so I'm really hoping this update fixed them. I'll be back later to report what the experience is like :>

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:40 am

Its nice that oekaki will now work on my phone! I never had a need to use it on my phone but I suppose other people will like the update. It does however make oekaki less functional on my tablet, which is the device I use to draw. its been fixed thank you!

This also, I change brushes between the pen and eraser a lot and having to open up the box every 5 seconds is very annoying.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:40 am

This is a great update! My main computer’s broken so this means I can still draw. However, it’s glitching out on my other computer a lot, I can’t click on things in the toolbox without shrinking it, it keeps going into fullscreen and it’s not working as it should. Not sure if it’s just me as the computer’s fairly old. Please can this be fixed?
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:54 am

The toolbox intentionally minimises after selecting a tool to give you more room to see/edit the drawing.

rileypillow and Raptocidic, try that again now, I've made it less aggressive about switching onto full screen mode. It should only be entering this mode on mobile phone size displays.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me