Pen pressure help

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pen pressure help

Postby sprite cranberry » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:10 am

This is my 3rd and final time trying to find a fix for this issue

I really, really want my pen pressure to work in oekaki. I have a VEIKK A30 tablet, I use firefox but previously used chrome.
If ANYONE has a fix for it or if it's a problem with the tablet not being supported in oekaki please let me know, any and all help is appreciated
Sprite | adult | she/her
lonely :'D

sprite cranberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pen pressure help

Postby Celozon » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:47 pm

It would be helpful if you let us know what you've already tried. I did a quick search for your other threads, but I've only seen that you've tried switching browsers. A few other things were suggested but I didn't see a response on whether those did anything. There are a number of other things you can try before assuming its just not supported.

• Check this thread here, it offers a lot of suggestions on what to try depending on your exact problems. You can also do a search on the thread since a lot of people post there with their oekaki issues, you might find someone else with the same issue and what the fix was.
  • Check what version you have selected in your oekaki settings. Chickenspaint 2.0 is the most recent one. Chibipaint requires Java and JTablet.
  • Make sure pen pressure is enabled in oekaki. When you open the oekaki, on the 'Tool options' window where you can change the pen size, there is an empty or filled circle on the left side. Filled means pen pressure is enabled for that, empty means it is not. (example image, here pen pressure is enabled for brush size, but not opacity)
  • Make sure your tablet drivers are up to date
  • Make sure your browser is up to date
  • Try mixing and matching. If chickenpaint 2.0 doesn't work for you in firefox, see if it does in chrome. Or try chickenpaint 1.0 in firefox, etc. Some tablets seem to be very finicky on which version and browser they are willing to work on.

Others may have other suggestions.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprite cranberry » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:41 am

I've unfortunately tried everything you've suggested here and perused the thread with no luck, the jtablet plugin doesn't work anymore as java is dead so i'm a little bit lost at this point- are there any tablets that just aren't supported in chickenpaint fullstop? VEIKK isn't a very big brand at all
Sprite | adult | she/her

sprite cranberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:20 am

Its possible it simply isn't supported, I know the bigger brands like Wacom and Huion were specifically tested and ensures they worked in Chickenpaint, since those are what most users on here use. Other brands are less likely to work though it doesn't necessarily mean they won't.

I don't have anything further to suggest, but you might try posting on that thread, I the people more familiar with oekaki tend to keep an eye on it, see if anyone else has any other suggestions.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:22 am

Maybe you're on V.1 of the oekaki, and if not, have you tried tapping the circle beside the pen size?

If this doesn't work, i hope you find soemthing that does <3

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ pms
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprite cranberry » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:04 am

Celozon wrote:Its possible it simply isn't supported, I know the bigger brands like Wacom and Huion were specifically tested and ensures they worked in Chickenpaint, since those are what most users on here use. Other brands are less likely to work though it doesn't necessarily mean they won't.

I don't have anything further to suggest, but you might try posting on that thread, I the people more familiar with oekaki tend to keep an eye on it, see if anyone else has any other suggestions.

Thank you for the help! I'll post on the thread now

Have a good rest of the day/night <3
Sprite | adult | she/her

sprite cranberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me