How Do Adoptables Work?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How Do Adoptables Work?

Postby Fraunshes » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:23 am

What is an adoptable? I know they are drawings of animals but why are they called adoptables exactly? I've never fully understood thiss. I want to make my own because it seems like fun but don't wanna make people mad.
Fraunshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:10 pm

They're called "adoptables" because they're created to be "adopted" by other people! Some are given away for free (in various ways, like first come first serve, or by some sort of competition such as writing about or drawing the character), while others are sold (for CS pets/items/C$, currency from other games, or even real life money - though that has to be discussed offsite). They're just designs that are made with the purpose of being given/sold to someone else, rather than being kept by the creator.

Anyone is welcome to make and giveaway/sell "Independent/One Off Adoptables" as long as it's your own original design. (You cannot sell anything that is based on something copyrighted, like CS pets or characters from a show/game/book/etc.)

However, there are some Closed Species Adoptables as well, and these species can only be made by the official artists of said species. If you want to become an artist for one of these species, you'll have to see if the species has an open "Artist Search" where you can apply and hope to be chosen. Every Closed Species has it's own individual rules, so make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules of each individual species before participating in that community, whether that be to apply as an artist, or to try to adopt one of the pets from said species.

---

If you just want to create a design for yourself, not to giveaway/sell to someone else, then that would just be an Original Character (OC), not an adoptable.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║