rarity changes

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

rarity changes

Postby venti » Sun May 16, 2021 7:01 am

okay, so i understand rarity changes and stuff, but how did an older year pet that was a rare turned into an uncommon?
    Image ??
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: rarity changes

Postby Celozon » Sun May 16, 2021 8:10 am

Rarity is determine by the number of that pet on active account. Since the number of active accounts changes each time it is calculated, rarities can sometimes fluctuate, especially if they were just on the edge of being rare or uncommon. Normally pets will get rarer, since new people continue to join who do not have the pet, or older accounts that do have the pet go inactive, making less of the pet available overall. But its not unheard of for it to go the other way. Especially around Dec 18th, lots of rares pets may end up going uncommon, because enough were re-released to cause them to go down in rarity (Those pets will often go back up to rare months later as well cause they were on the high end of uncommon).

There isn't really a way to tell why a specific pet went from rare to uncommon, it could just be something like, a user who had a very large hoard of the pet had been inactive for a while, and came back, so the their pets are now being counted as active. Or the number of active accounts that did not have the pet went down, causing there to be more of this pet available per account. Or a combination of that or other things.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me