How do I get better pets?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How do I get better pets?

Postby Helpless » Tue May 11, 2021 3:54 am

Hello! I've been playing since 2019 which isn't very long. I've noticed that people who've joined in 2019 or even later have better pets than me, such as lists or other rares. I'm just looking for some tips so I can trade up my pets. I'm just wondering, what am I doing wrong? I know the pound helps you get some good pets, and I've found some but I was too slow. So is it just luck for other players? I really want to build up my inventory and if anyone, from any year, has any tips for me, please share!
h╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
h║ ✻ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ! ✻ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ. ✻

h

h
ɪ'ᴍ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ & ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ!(ᴄsᴛ)
h

h
hhhhhhhh]✻ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ! ✻
h╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
h

h

h

h

h

h

h

hhh"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎." -𝙱𝚊𝚗

hhhhhh*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✻ 𝙱𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Helpless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How do I get better pets?

Postby Ari! » Tue May 11, 2021 5:10 pm

trust me I feel the same as you, I've been playing since 2012 and I still don't have any list pets haha.
I think that for some people, they engage in other activities on the platform and not just trading, such as art and commissions, buying C$ etc. I don't think this was much help, but i wanted to say something because you're not the only one haha (:
Ari!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberry_dolly » Tue May 11, 2021 7:33 pm

^^ you're absolutely right - a lot of people do art commission or coding/writing commissions or sell characters in exchange for rarer pets! alternatively, you can participate in art/writing competitions
there is also offsite trading - you are allowed to swap CS pets for currency etc. on other sites (provided this is allowed by the other site).
another way to get rarer pets is through auctions - I've gotten some really good pets during event seasons by auctioning my leftover event tokens. because of the demand around event pets, people tend to be pretty willing to overpay in order to get all of them, and for people who don't have time to token hunt, there generally are loads of token auctions near to the end of an event!
if you've been on since 2019 you might already know about Dec. 18th, when rare pets are rereleased, but that's a good time to adopt rare pets yourself, and there's always a chance of receiving a list pet
finally,, if you check out the free adoptions page, people often run giveaways for their particularly valuable pets, so you can always just enter a bunch and maybe get lucky there!
I hope this helps!
✿sweet lolita✿butterfly wolf enthusiast (33 to go)✿
✿they/them lesbian✿

x
Life really does need things to live
strawberry_dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby v1s10ns » Sat May 15, 2021 9:32 am

I got good pets from either get gifted or from Dec 18, when they give out rares
achitoki#9447
v1s10ns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Helpless » Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Thanks to the people who responded! (Late response since I thought this post was gonna be ignored lol) I guess I'll just have to participate in other activities on CS. I'm not the best online artist but I thought about giving it a try, especially since I keep seeing people posting art and I want it. And I've participated in auctions before, just never got lucky haha.. But thanks for these tips!

If anyone else has anymore ideas, feel free to keep posting, all of it helps!
h╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
h║ ✻ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ! ✻ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ. ✻

h

h
ɪ'ᴍ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ & ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ!(ᴄsᴛ)
h

h
hhhhhhhh]✻ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ! ✻
h╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
h

h

h

h

h

h

h

hhh"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎." -𝙱𝚊𝚗

hhhhhh*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✻ 𝙱𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Helpless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun May 16, 2021 2:39 am

As the others have mentioned, offsite trading and commissions are a good way to get pets. For example, if you have any old unused accounts on other pet sites, you could probably find someone willing to trade CS for your stuff on there (just make sure that the other site allows offsite trading first). And if you are willing to do commissions, I'd say go for it, don't worry too much about how 'good' your art is, there is a market for all styles on her ^^

I'd also suggest just getting active in trading, even if its just monthlies or events, there are plenty of opportunities to get good pets just with normal every day trades. Its definitely a time commitment, a lot of trades will not go through or get canceled, and personally I find that its just a matter of sending out a lot of trades and maybe only a few will actually get accepted. Thats normal, and I think a lot of people expect that good trades will just be sent to them, or wonder why they never get good trades, but never send any out themselves. If you want good trades, you'll need to go out looking for them, send out lots of trades, if one person cancels, find another. Sometimes it seems like no one is willing to trade a specific pet, but often its just a matter of finding the right person. I don't trade a lot now except during events, but when I do I'll often spend a couple hours finding users to trade with and sending out trades. But I find I usually come out with some good deals and better pets.

Among other things I'd suggest;
  • Actively trading during events, there are often good opportunities to get good pets during events, more people are active during that time so its a good time to send out trades. You can often trade extra tokens for nice pets, offer art for tokens, etc.
  • If you subscribe to using demand, paying attention to what pets people are looking for most can be helpful for trading, for example the gold gatcha pup from the last month was going for some very high prices, if you manage to get a pet like that you can trade it off for some nicer pets.
  • Take the time to peruse the trade board occasionally, you might find some users looking to trade their older pets for newer pets or offering other 'deals' etc. For example, someone offering '09 rares for common hoard pets, etc.
  • Look into trading with C$. You don't have to buy C$ yourself, you can always sell off your unwanted pets for C$ instead, then turn around and use the C$ to buy rares or list pets. This is actually a great way to get older or list pets that you can't trade for with the pets you have now. Because of the way C$ values work, they don't add up numerically according to pet value, so selling off lots of lower value for pets for C$ could give you enough to start buying older rares or lists that you normally wouldn't have enough for.
  • If you aren't into items very much looking into trading those for pets. Most people care more about pets than items, so it can be a bit hard sometimes to find someone willing to trade pets for them, but you can often get good deals on older items or parts of sets by trading them to item collectors or someone hoarding them.

By far I've found the best thing that is helpful with trading is just experience, and being very active when it comes to trading. Take advantage of the forum resources, the fair trade thread, C$ worth thread, item worth thread, etc. If all your trades seem to get cancelled, try asking about some of the fair trade thread, see if they can be improved. If you are active in trading you'll eventually start catching onto things yourself and getting a better idea of what to look for. I wouldn't call it an 'easy' way to get good pets, but I've found it to be the best resource in doing so. Offsite trading is great if you have the resources, and commissions are great if you have the time/energy for it, but long-term, good trading knowledge has been most helpful for me. You don't have to trade all the time if you don't have the time for it, as I said before, just trading during events or for monthies is still a good, just do however much you are willing, just keep in mind that generally more active you are in trading the more quickly you'll be able to find good deals and pets.

//Disclaimer: These are only my opinions and views as a regular member of this site and not as a moderator/staff
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Melsride » Sun May 16, 2021 4:31 am

Try clicking on the lastest post on the left side of your home page where someone is quitting. You sometimes can get rare pets there. Try adding all rare pets to your wishlist so it is easier to get them when the pound opens.
ImageImage
she/her, full time front office manager,
slotomania addict

mallowpop is my kid and they help me out a
lot with posting on the forum part of CS.

ImageImage
Melsride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me