So, give me ideas on what to do here.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

So, give me ideas on what to do here.

Postby Forestwalking » Tue May 04, 2021 8:00 am

I'm sorta just...not sure what to do here. Besides dressing up your pets, collecting/trading items/pets, drawing art, and closed species stuff, what is there to do? I would be interested in the pet and item collecting if I had better things to do with them.

I don't have much of an interest in closed species stuff because of stuff from my past. (I despise the idea of doing one thing wrong and losing your character that should legally belong to you because someone said so...it would be like losing a child for me)

Dressing up pets barely has a point to me anymore. It'll make me feel like I'm doing nothing but making new ocs for what feels like no reward. Writing practice, maybe. But it wouldn't feel worth my time if I have other things to do.

I don't like collecting things, in a way. I prefer taking something, even if it's just common, and then finding ways to upgrade it. These items/things have a lot more value to me than hoards or completing a collection of items because they're just gonna sit and collect dust and I wouldn't want to get rid of them because I would be scared of regretting it.

Create A Clan looks interesting but then I'm a bit hesitant about joining it...I'm not sure if I would enjoy it and I'm sorta scared of doing something wrong and losing my cats/clan and I'm not sure if I can use my cats outside of CAC (like, as ocs)...

Got any activities on this site I can do besides these? It would be nice to have something to spend my trade fodder pets on too.
I will take all of your unwanted items!
(Ignore wishlist in this case!)

Forestwalk | They/Them | Plural (Endogenic) | Adult
Forestwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: So, give me ideas on what to do here.

Postby axelandria » Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 am

โ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ,
xxx๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด
โž

xxx
โ€ข call me axel (she/they)
โ€ข adopt a newbie
โ€ข toyhouse
โ€ข listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forestwalking » Sat May 22, 2021 7:23 am

I probably should have replied to this earlier, so sorry about that-

I mean...I will, but is there any type of events or user-ran or site-ran things here other than the ones I listed?
I will take all of your unwanted items!
(Ignore wishlist in this case!)

Forestwalk | They/Them | Plural (Endogenic) | Adult
Forestwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat May 22, 2021 7:53 am

CS has many events! Our most recent event was Easter, and the next upcoming event will be the Summer Event!

โ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ,
xxx๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด
โž

xxx
โ€ข call me axel (she/they)
โ€ข adopt a newbie
โ€ข toyhouse
โ€ข listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Sat May 22, 2021 7:57 am

CS tends to be a bit of a laid back site in terms of activities, nothing on the site is technically a requirement for participation so what a user chooses to do is ultimately up to the individual. That being said, if you enjoy working up to things - you could choose to attempt a version of the paperclip challenge (based off the story of a person who traded a paperclip up until they were able to trade for a house) and attempt to work your way up in trades from a pet of one rarity to a higher rarity. Some users enjoy the challenge of setting those kinds of goals, so it may be a fun way to approach trading if you also happen to have those interests!

Also, I realized that axelandria just posted about this as well, but to add further, every year the site hosts a number of events:
    Easter (~March - April)
    Summer (~July - August)
    Halloween (~October - November)
    Advent (December)

The first three of those events involve users collecting "tokens" (often times these are items that can later be used for pet dress-up), which can then be traded in for event pets/items. These events encourage user participation with community conversations, art submissions, etc. Tokens are typically collected every twenty minutes, with new pets/items being released daily for a certain portion of the event.
    Advent functions the same as an advent calendar. Every day from December 1st until December 25th, a new pet/item is released for adoption and is only available for that day. The pets released on the 25th are typically available until the end of the month.

The site also has smaller holidays that are celebrated at random (the most recent one being the Earth Day releases at the end of April), but these often don't involve any specific activities - users are just encouraged to share with one another in the community forums.
    You may know about these already, but since you had specifically mentioned "events", I figured it wouldn't hurt to share. ^^

If you didn't happen to know, hopefully these events will give you a little more to look forward to on the site! c:
|x|x|xโ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|xโ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist