New to ChickenSmoothie

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

New to ChickenSmoothie

Postby SolacedIsles » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:06 pm

heya! I just joined, and I wanna know how to grow my pets, get Chicken Dollars (?), how to get other pets, etc!! Any and all help would be appreciated <:)
SolacedIsles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New to ChickenSmoothie

Postby strawberry_dolly » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:21 pm

Hi! Welcome to CS!
this board is where you can introduce yourself and also contains a lot of helpful topics for new users! To answer your questions:
Your pets will grow all on their own - some pets take longer than others to grow! Each month, we have an outcomes thread and a discussion thread (I've linked April's), so you can see the new growths from the day!
C$ are a paid currency - for this reason, store pets and items bought with C$ aren't usually seen as part of a complete collection, because they require real world money to purchase. You can buy them here, or you can sell pets for C$. this thread gives some pretty good baseline values for selling pets!
the first way to get pets is, of course, the monthly adopts. make sure you adopt as many as you can, since some outcomes are rarer or more popular! when it's open, you can also grab pets from the pound. to get rarer pets, the best bet is to participate in site-wide events - the next one will be the summer vacation!
the other way most people get pets is by trading - you can click "trade with me" on a user's profile and swap your pets for theirs. the is this a fair trade thread is a great resource - most users will want to swap rare pets for rare pets, or 1 rare for 2 uncommons etc. it's also generally accepted that older pets are worth more - 1 2019 rare might be worth 2 2020 rares, for instance. you can set up a topic here asking other users to trade with you, or finding users who want to trade!
finally, some very generous users will gift their pets to other users - you can find their posts in the free adoptions board!
I hope this answers some of your questions! If you have any more, feel free to PM me! You can also sign up on the adopt a newbie thread, which assigns mentors to new players to help them navigate the site!
✿sweet lolita✿butterfly wolf enthusiast (32 to go)✿
✿they/them lesbian✿

x
Life really does need things to live
strawberry_dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me