My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New "high contrast" mode for forum posts

Postby LissaJo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:33 pm

High contrast mode would be even better to change it to the default of your board theme settings.. so it is matchy and not the bright white
LissaJo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:23 pm

BLESS YOU YES!! FORCED LARGE TEXT! YES!!! STRIPPED COLOR TAGS (except for transparent for good reasons like people kindly putting spoilers in transparent text)!!! YES!!!!! NO MORE DEALING WITH TINY TEXT!! NO MORE DEALING WITH PEOPLE'S CHOICES OF FONT COLORS WITH HORRIBLE CONTRAST!!! (can you hear 12.5 years of agony in my voice)

Conflicting needs suck, though--high contrast hurts me :'D

I LOVE the forced large text (I have everything large, to the point where when people see my screen they're like "What. What.?? ???? Everything is so big???" lol 175% size, get on my level and strain your eyes less, I'm not even in true large text territory) and I LOVE the stripping of color tags

but the tan post color is easier on my eyes--in fact, I've even changed Firefox's default page background color to gray so that any time I'm on a website where someone forgot to set (or deliberately did not set) a background color, it's easier to read lol I've done this for the last 10+ years

now.... how do I decrease white point on my windows laptop like I can on my iphone... too bad flux doesn't work with whatever changes are made via the windows color calibrator.......
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 pm

oh my GOD thank you! this is going to solve a lot of problems with trying to navigate forums. trying to read pastel pink or whatever on this light grey was KILLING ME! this also helps alot for colorblind users such as myself!

Postby venti » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:28 pm

wow, tysm nick! <3
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Love this! I can keep using smaller text for my own ~aesthetic~ without hindering anyone, thanks Nick!
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 pm

Lolly_CGC wrote:The color is very intense and hurts my eyes so it doesn't work for me, but I'm sure it will be very helpful for a lot of people! Thank you for giving us so many features lately, it's really good to see all the effort that's being put into making the site even better!

The white background for the text is a bit intense for my eyes too - perhaps an option for the default grey can be made available?

However, this is a very helpful feature overall, and I'm grateful for the many quality-of-life updates we've been receiving as well. Thanks so much for your hard work, Nick!
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:58 pm

It would be useful but unfortunately the contrast is too high, I’d love an option that dims the text background because it’s already too bright on my theme. Apart from that it’s a great addition :)
Maybe there could be an option included in this to change how big the text is, and how much contrast there is!
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:43 am

Thank you for adding this feature! Really love seeing more accessibility options. (:

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:15 am

Nick wrote:This overrides any custom font colours and font sizes that have been used in the posts, and instead uses black text on a white background, with a font size a bit bigger than standard.

We think this will make it much easier for people to settle on a single zoom level that allows them to read all posts, instead of having to adjust it where people have used smaller fonts or low-contrast colors.

This is heaven on mobile.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me