How can I trade for more rares?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How can I trade for more rares?

Postby ColorTheSky » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am

Hi everyone, silly question! :lol:

I've been playing CS (on and off) for many years, however, I'm having trouble building my collection of rare+ pets. I don't have many rares to begin with, and the ones I have don't seem to be in high demand.

I guess I'm just looking for some tips to help build my collection? Any responses are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!! :D
ColorTheSky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How can I trade for more rares?

Postby cat party » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:03 am

You can try trading up your uncommons for rares! Some people take 2 uncommons for a rare pet from the same year, but some people might want a few more; but either way trading up your uncommons is a good way to get more rares! The pound is also a life saver sometimes cx
xxxImageImage
xxxImageImage
xxxbailey, autistic, adult, queer (they/he/she), otherkin
xxxi love my cool girlfriend & i like to draw
cat party

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheMamba » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:08 am

Um... maybe try to trade uncommons for rares? I think, 2 2012 UC are worth 1 2012 rare for example. Well, you won't get high demand rares for them but at least you can get several low demand rares to get a higher demand rare? I think?
Or you somehow get 1 higher demand rare+ and auction it off. I think auctions are a good way to get quantity rares.
If you aren't too interested in event pets or got them all and have leftover tokens, you can put your tokens up for auction. I got 1 2010 VR and a 2010 rare for 36 token this year.
Toyhouse | Art Instagram | Art Shop
Pet's name: Sherwin

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
^ Click them for some free mini whales!
TheMamba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:48 pm

Both excellent responses. There's also the Free adoptions forum You'll find people quitting and wanting to give away pets (sometimes rares), giveaways, adoption centers, contests, and all sorts of other free ways to get pets. If you like making art you could also consider opening an art shop. Usually though the easiest way to get Rares is to just participate in CS events. Usually every holiday event has at least one Rare outcome and they're usually higher demand than monthly outcomes.
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soccerali9 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Also a thought - make sure to adopt the re-release pets on December 18th. As someone who never trades high rarity pets because it’s so complicated, Dec 18th is super helpful to get rares or very rares.

In case you don’t know about Dec 18th, it’s when CS allows you to adopt two (I think) pets that were released in previous years.
                  I love giving gifts so PM me if you know a deserving user (;
                  Currently watching: NCIS, Star Trek Voyager
                  I love wolves and dragons ♥

soccerali9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me