which cs pets are based off of characters?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: which cs pets are based off of characters?

Postby ScarletRenegade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:37 am

Lennie wrote:
ScarletRenegade wrote:
Deercan wrote:/snip/
This pet from the summer of 2019 is also based off of the Queen!

I looked up the characters for off and i agree those look like theyre based on the characters from the game
except the last one, i think that one is just a fairy queen lol.

I know that during the fae mischief event there was a mention of the fact that these two outcomes:
    Image Image [both by Yağmur]
    were reminiscent of artwork by John Bauer x [most of his artwork including the Princess and the Trolls were originally for a book entitled "Among Gnomes and Trolls"] , though I could not find confirmation on the same forum by the artist regarding inspiration ^^

cool! i'll put those in the maybe section then, and we'll see if someone comes along who may have some info on them.
the first one almost looks like the beast from beauty and the beast lol
ScarletRenegade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CokeBubble » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:08 am

There are also some Alice in Wonderland pets, like the drink me glassy-looking dog.
CokeBubble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:06 am

ScarletRenegade wrote:
Celozon wrote:I would suggest checking the name guides and wiki name guides for many of these. They aren't complexity up to date but they cover most of the years:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=113116&p=3066681 (name guides for other species are linked in the first post)
https://wiki.chickensmoothie.com/Catego ... tter_Names

If they are themed after a specific character that will likely be the listed name for them in those guides.
Otherwise, I'd suggest looking at the monthly discussion threads for the pets in question. If they are themed after something specific it'll be mentioned in there, usually by the artist themself.

I think you have most of the ones there which are themed after a specific character, but if you're just looking for pets that have a very specific theme (and not just a general design, like the Edgar Allen Poe ones) there are a very large number of those. Some more obscure than others (for copyright reasons, like the Sonic ones not being obvious unless you knew about it). Unfortunately I think you'd have to do that research yourself rather than asking here, there isn't a complied list of this kind of thing and this board is more for simple questions, not large projects (which this seems to be turning into).

To help out with a few of these that I know off the top of my head though;
- Christmas 2020 dogs, first two are based off of angel and miner candle holders that are put on windowsills during christmas time. They aren't any specific character as far as I know. The third one is Krampus.
- The Halloween 2020 dogs are (in the order you posted them) Hade, Hel, Veles, and Anubis (Osiris is king of the underworld in Egyptian mythology but Anubis is also also considered a god of the dead/mummification, and the 'theme' was just gods of the dead. Artist confirmation here)

thanks for the info!! is there another forum i could post to for this? I've tried to find info on the names before and i couldn't find much, which is why i started the thread.

I just mean that we don't necessarily want people to use the help boards as their personal detective service. Meaning that, all of the information is already available, if you know the year and month you can look up the discussion thread for that month and use keywords to find information about certain outcomes to see if they were based on anything specific. Some of these people may know off the top of their heard but beyond that you'll probably have to dig around yourself to find the answers (as opposed to, encouraging other people to look it up so you don't have to, which I don't necessarily think you are doing at this point, but you should expect to have to find some of these yourself eventually).

If this list is just going to be for personal use then there wouldn't really be a place for it on the boards, we don't really have a place for just posting personal things since it is a public board typically meant for public discussion. But if its a list you intend to make a public guide of some sort you might be able to put that in CS discussion. At which point it would be fine to use that thread to enlist help from anyone else who wants to help look up these things.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarletRenegade » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:07 am

Hey Guys!! i'm gonna be moving the topic to the general discussion forums
heres the link : Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4538455
Cant wait to see you all there!
ScarletRenegade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me